Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I stopped at Jared today for some jewelry repair. I noticed an improper 30.06 sign on the storefront. It was white block lettering on clear glass (not contrasting) and was placed on the lower left glass panel, obstructed by a trash can. I almost missed it.

While waiting, I POLITELY asked to speak to the manager. I asked him why they felt the need to have the sign. He said "It's a shame that we HAVE to have it, in my opinion NOBODY should have a gun, much less be allowed to carry it"

I was ready to rip into him, but knew that doing so would not further our cause. I POLITELY explained to him that CHL holders have extensive FBI background checks and are just the kind of people he should want in his store. But, since he would rather not have me there, we would look elsewhere for our jewelry repair.

Be advised...Jared in the Forum shopping plaza in San Antonio is 30.06 posted and the manager hates you.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I will never go in their.:shocked:

Hope they get what they deserive.:steamed::steamed:

Tell all ykou know and I will too.:wavey:

:faint:

·
Señor Member
7,908 Posts
I had my fiancee's ring custom made. I carried into the shop. Jared's didn't have anything up to our taste.

Most gem dealers I know in Texas carry.

I wouldn't be anywhere near a jewelry store unarmed.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Okay, I can see the point of having the sign, and the misconceptions that lead to wanting to post one, but the manager's attitude is inexcusable. That's why I'll keep shopping at Kay.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sevral months back a jewelery store in the mall in Frisco was robbed. Who would ever have seen that comming.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My wife and I stopped at Jared today for some jewelry repair. I noticed an improper 30.06 sign on the storefront. It was white block lettering on clear glass (not contrasting) and was placed on the lower left glass panel, obstructed by a trash can. I almost missed it.
:brickwall:

If you believe the sign to be improper, why all the hoopla? :upeyes:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:brickwall:

If you believe the sign to be improper, why all the hoopla? :upeyes:
The fact that the sign was/may be improper was not the point. This is:

He said "It's a shame that we HAVE to have it, in my opinion NOBODY should have a gun, much less be allowed to carry it"

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The fact that the sign was/may be improper was not the point. This is:

He said "It's a shame that we HAVE to have it, in my opinion NOBODY should have a gun, much less be allowed to carry it"

OH NO! He has an opinion that is different from yours!

I just don't see getting worked up over what some you don't know and has no bearing on your life.....thinks.

It is easy to be outraged when you are looking for reasons.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I just don't see getting worked up over what some you don't know and has no bearing on your life.....thinks.

If you believe that his beliefs have no bearing on my/our lives, your sadly mistaken. That's surprising coming from an instructor.

Outraged and looking for reasons? Give me a break:upeyes:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
If you believe that his beliefs have no bearing on my/our lives, your sadly mistaken. That's surprising coming from an instructor.
No, I am not mistaken. It has zero effect on me. NONE. Regarding the instructor comment, as we teach in the Non-violent-dispute-resolution, it is child-like to be upset by people who think differently than we do.

Outraged and looking for reasons? Give me a break:upeyes:
A break might help you relax and stop worrying about that which you cannot control.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I am not mistaken. It has zero effect on me. NONE. Regarding the instructor comment, as we teach in the Non-violent-dispute-resolution, it is child-like to be upset by people who think differently than we do.
You're correct in that it is child-like to be upset by people who think differently than we do. That's why I'm not upset that you and I differ. Nor was I upset at the Jared's Manager. I simply posted his anti gun opinion for all too see. You sir are the one who has twisted my postings into something they are not. And non-violent dispute resolution does not mean that I forfeit my right to an opinion, or that yours is the only opinion.

IMHO, what the Anti's think does effect both of us...they vote! You are mistaken. That is what I meant by the instructor comment. I thought it was obvious,and that as an instructor, you might understand the politics of dealing with the Anti's.

Stop confusing my pro carry ideals with being "upset" and "outraged". You just like to stir the pot and argue, don't you?
Reading your many past posts, it's obvious that your opinion is the only one that counts. If I say the sky is blue, you'll correct me somehow.

·
NRA Life Member
680 Posts
Good job. You politely pointed out how wrong they were and then informed them that their stance will only cost them your business. Exactly how I would have handled it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will spread the word in all of my classes!

Never Support AntiGun businesses!

·
NRA Member
225 Posts
If the sign is improper and placed in a position that is hard to see, maybe its there to make everyone happy. The sheep think that its a no carry store and the CCWer's know its improper so they can carry anyway. Either way I wouldn't be bothered by the manager's opinion, he is not the owner. I always find out what the owner's opinion on 2A is before boycotting a store.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glad to know you are a fan!
If you're going to quote me, at least be man enough to include the ENTIRE quote. It was:

Reading your many past posts, it's obvious that your opinion is the only one that counts.

It's also funny how you failed to respond to this:

IMHO, what the Anti's think does effect both of us...they vote! Youare mistaken.

What's wrong? No smart arguement to that point? Still feel that "I am not mistaken. It has zero effect on me. NONE."

You should work for CNN, or write for the Washington Post.

·
1,433 Posts

You are correct - the manager has a right to his opinion, however ill conceived it may be.

His statement indicates that he does not believe in the Constitution, particularly the second amendment. That he does not believe in a persons right to self-defense or defense of loved ones. He is entitled to those positions as well.

It is my right not to have anything to do with those that hold such ignorant
views and to not patronize their businesses.

As far as the "no bearing on your life" comment - this manager, and those with the same viewpoint, probably vote - and I would be willing to bet a $1 they are not voting for the conservative candidates.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts