Glock 17 Don't like my G17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by izzyandal, Jan 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. izzyandal

izzyandal

I just finished an afternoon of shooting with myG17, Springfield, poted 1911A1 and my Trailside. All Xs, and 10s with the .45 and the Trailside...Not too good with the Glock. All shot at 15 and 25 yards.

I shoot for fun and accuracy and don't need a defense pistol.

I must dump the Glock and replace it with a SIG P226 Sport II.
    ANy comments?

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin Engorged Member

Well I think Glocks are fine guns, but if YOU aren't happy with it, then get rid of it. Worst case scenario, you got to try out another fine handgun. ;a

3. izzyandal

izzyandal

My error in buying a piece that is superbly suited to self-defense and NOT for the purpose which I use a pistol.

Furthermore, the dealer from whom I bought the G17 didn't believe me that the sights were off. He claimed that it was my shooting skills.
    And that I needed more trigger time with the G17. I acccept the blame for not sticking to my guns (no pun intended) and insisting that he adjust the sight to correct for the piece consistantly shooting to the left.

OK....yesterday I shot 50 rounds, with the G17 and held off at the 3 O'clock position on the target (around 4 inches at 15 yards). You guessed it. I hit 9s, 10s and Xs in a rather loose group, but at least I was on target.

I then shot 25 rounds with my .45 and made one ragged hole at 15 yards while holding a correct sight picture.

I like the folks that own the range, Palmetto State Shooting Center, and in the name of continuing a positive relationship, I will let him sell me a P226 and give me a decent price for the Glock.

I reiterate, I am too blame for not having more confidence in my ability and letting myself be convinced that it was me and not a mechanical problem.

I kept telling myself, "A poor craftsman always blame his tools". This time it WAS the tool.

4. davidkeough

davidkeough

Hi, send me that g-17, so, do you want to sell it?.

5. izzyandal

izzyandal

Yes.
    It has had about 1,000 rounds through it. Have Hi Vis front sight.
    In box with 17 and 10 round mags.
    Al

6. Perry F.

Perry F.

It will take time to get used to the Glock trigger, this has been said over and over.

7. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

I am the opposite, I started with Glocks, mastered the trigger, and now I can't shoot Sig's, H&K's, etc....try taking-up the slack first and then squeezing the trigger the rest of the way....