close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Don't know what to say!!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by AirMountainMan, Sep 10, 2004.

1. AirMountainMan

AirMountainMan

I am not sure where this came from but, this is amazing!! ;P

2. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

Dinner!

That is a heck of a grab for a game cam!!! ;g

3. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Probably photoshopped.

4. lomfs24

lomfs24

Why does every picture on the internet have to be photoshopped? That is a perfectly reasonable picture for a game cam to get. It just happened in the right place at the right time.

5. AirMountainMan

AirMountainMan

I agree with lom on this one. just because this photo is unique does not mean that it has been through photoshop. Why would anyone go to that effort anyway?

I am still amazed with this photo everytime I look at it. Was just trying to pass this great capture on!!!

Scott

6. lomfs24

lomfs24

And thank you for passing it on. I, for one, enjoyed it.

7. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

For the same reason people start every other hoax. Who knows? Without proof it's just internet lore.

8. AirMountainMan

AirMountainMan

what ever you want to think about it. If you think it is a hoax best of luck. I still think it is truely amazing.

Scott

9. MARTIN FISHER

MARTIN FISHER

I looked at it pretty carefully, it looks pretty real to me. Since a mountian lion kills an average of 14 deer a month, there is a chance a game camera could pick this up. Either way, its cool as heck.

10. valkyrie182

valkyrie182

Open the pic in photo shop and zoom in to the areas around the animals, and look at shading, the effect the animal has on the surrounding area in the picture, and its color in contrast to the rest of it. Looking at it up close, it looks to me like a real one. The grass is in the right place, the shading and shadows are right where they are supposed to be, etc. Ususally with a photo-shopped pic, looking at it up close reveals some detail that sticks right out, whether it be shading or coloring or whatever, that says that it really doesnt belong there. As far as I can tell( Im a computer science student, and had the help of my photo-journalism major fiance to come to this conclusion) it is a real picture.

11. Nicolai

Nicolai

Wow. That's one cool picture.

12. vart

vart

I can definately believe that a mountain lion could walk right behind a deer without the deer knowing it.
    I grew up in woods with lots of cougars and deer, and I've seen 3 cougars in my whole life.
    One was about 700 yds. away across a small canyon chasing down a deer. It was truly amazing!
    The other two were cubs on a rock near the side of a road at night.

Cougars are incredibly stealthy, and it is quite rare to hear or see one in the woods. Deer are relatively noisy, and I don't think a cougar would have any trouble stalking that close.

13. AirMountainMan

AirMountainMan

There are definately a lot more cougars out there than we realize. My friend was elk hunting with another friend. He was in the trees with a cow call. He was calling to see if he could get a bull to come in. He turned around and there was a cougar 20 yards away.

I have heard of more instances like that. They can truely be stealthy.

Scott

14. noway

noway

{Since a mountian lion kills an average of 14 deer a month}

are you sure about that figure. That would 168 deers in a years time or better worded, alot of vension.

15. lomfs24

lomfs24

I have heard several similar stories from several different bowhunters that last few years. Seems that the cats are recognizing an elk bugle as a potential fight where one or both of the elk will leave wounded and/or extremely exhausted. Hunters just pretent to be one of those elk so a lion will come right in behind you.

I have also heard, unoffically, that if you live in an area with large cats one out of four times you go into the woods you will encounter a large cat and not even know it.

One of my favorite hunting spots takes about a 5 year cycle between large numbers of cats. You can definately tell when there are cats by the numbers of deer in the area. You will go from seeing hundreds of deer in a field to seeing a few deer in a field in one year. You can't tell me that cats don't take a lot of deer.

16. Wyo man

Wyo man

I've seen tons of mounted lions and this lion looks like the classical mount. The deer could be a mount as well. If they were set out in the grass and had a pic taken then they would look very real. Who knows.