Glock Talk banner

Don't hate me too bad....

1808 Views 30 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  ruffterrain
Here is my new P320 CA 9mm straight off the truck. Had to wait a bit for it being an LE gun three mags and night sights, coming direct from SIG. It also interestingly enough has the "adverse" trigger in it. This is supposed to eliminate the trigger slap problems some folks were having. I never experienced it with any of the 320's I shot, but it nice to have it in there all the same.

I wanted the new Carry model as I prefer a longer grip. As you can see I reworked my G19 grip to add material on the backstrap to make it longer. The area between where the web of the hand and the bottom of the grip is almost the same on these two frames. The 320 compact frame is actually a hair shorter than my modified G19 frame. The compact was fine, but there isn't enough difference between the carry and compact frame for my use. It's also nice to have two extra rounds on board. Overall, it isn't a huge difference in size between it and my 19. Yeah the bore axis is higher, but that has never been an issue with me and any pistols I have shot.

I'm sure I will be picking up some different frames to play with anyway. I will add some texturing as soon as I work up a nice pattern for it...

Now off to the range tomorrow to break it in and see if this will make it into my duty weapon rotation. I started with Sigs in my holster 20 years ago. Might be nice to end my career with a Sig in my holster again. If anything out of the ordinary happens I'll report back.

TXPO
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· JAFO
15,120 Posts
I've been a huge Sig fan for close to 25 years and even though I'm not quite as big on the newer ones they still have very clean lines. Please let us know how it works for you and post some more pics of it as you break it in.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Looks good so far and I agree spending at least a few days at the end with the same or same type of pistol you started with has a nice ring to it. On the other hand to think of a P220 or P226 not being quite a current handgun makes me feel a bit old.

· JAFO
15,120 Posts
On the other hand to think of a P220 or P226 not being quite a current handgun makes me feel a bit old.

Both the 226 and 220 will shoot circles around damn near all of the "in" pistols made today. Anyone who tells you different is a total fool. :dunno: Of course that massive "high bore axis" makes them so hard to shoot. :upeyes:

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Both the 226 and 220 will shoot circles around damn near all of the "in" pistols made today. Anyone who tells you different is a total fool. :dunno: Of course that massive "high bore axis" makes them so hard to shoot. :upeyes:
I am not suggesting the P226 or P220 are not fine handguns. It just does not seem like that long ago when they were considered a "new" choice instead of something that would have been at the start of someone who is close to retirement... or a new gun for transitioning from a revolver at the end of the first third of someone who recently retired.

· JAFO
15,120 Posts
I am not suggesting the P226 or P220 are not fine handguns.

I didn't think you were at all Bruce, I just get tired of those that think the next best thing is all of the sudden going to make them a good shot. When in fact if they just got off their ass and practiced they would just do fine with most pistols.

· Registered
3,933 Posts
I have four striker-fired pistols (SIG, Walther, Glock, and HK). They're all wonderful pistols and I would feel perfectly safe carrying any one of them. But, given a choice I would pick the SIG over all the others.

· Registered
330 Posts
Congrats!

I recently bought a full sized 320. Very impressed. I believe that the 320s will become popular with law enforcement cutting into both Glock and S&W sales. There is something special about the "feel" of the gun.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
I've got one as well (320C). Great gun. Mine came with the old trigger, Sig cust. serve. told me the 'adverse' will be available retail next month.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.