Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maine man this time. Surprised he had the ambiton to try to mow the grass while smoking the grass and ended up burning all his grass.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...man-drops-joint-starts-wildfire-officials-say

Maine man drops joint, starts wildfire, officials say
“He then walked back up to his house and then turned and noticed the field was on fire,” according to the forest service.

COOPER, Maine (AP) — A Maine man who was smoking marijuana while mowing a field is being blamed for starting a wildfire.

The man lost his footing, fell down and lost his joint while mowing a field.

“He then walked back up to his house and then turned and noticed the field was on fire,” according to the forest service.

Two acres burned in the blaze on Thursday.

There’s been a spate of wildfires in Maine. The Maine Forest Service on Friday was battling active wildfires in Baxter State Park and in Island Falls near May Mountain

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
4,641 Posts
A Maine man who was smoking marijuana while mowing a field is being blamed for starting a wildfire.
Two acres burned in the blaze on Thursday.
When I read or hear about a wildfire, two acres doesn't come to mind. That might qualify as a hissy fit fire though. Dropped his joint and set his yard on fire. What a DA. You come up with some funny material, FullClip. For some reason that struck a chord with me. Thank you much!

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
If I remember right there are 640 acres (43,560 sq. ft each) in a square mile.

So 2 acres is .003125 square miles. As a square it's ~295 feet per side.

There must be a size rule for calling something a wildfire. This is bigger than my yard, but I don't think this qualifies. Maybe a MITE (moron induced thermal event).

Years ago in the auto biz we were directed to never use the word fire, and that's what our legal eagles came up with. I added the moron induced part.

·
Banned
3,351 Posts
An acher is what happens when you don't brush your teeth!

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,580 Posts
Dude got so high, he fell walking, dropped his joint, got up and kept walking, and started a grass-fire.

It's just weed man!!

Reactions: NMG26

·
King Doofus.
5,977 Posts
I know people who have burned stuff that was way more expensive than 2 acres of grass while doing something much dumber that falling down with a joint in their mouth..... they just don't admit it.

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
3,223 Posts
The grass must have been as high as him to start a "wildfire" from a roach... :)

·
Native Mainiac
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know people who have burned stuff that was way more expensive than 2 acres of grass while doing something much dumber that falling down with a joint in their mouth..... they just don't admit it.
Arson is against the law....being an idjit isn't.

·
King Doofus.
5,977 Posts
Say, (we'll call him Joe) is sick of his house and hates his neighborhood. Poor ol Joe is upside down in his mortgage, but knows the insurance value is more than he owes. One day, Joe decides to strip the paint off of his daughters dresser but it's cold outside so he decides to do it in his basement. Joe, the ever thoughtful, opens the windows on the top floor and cranks up the heater to vent the fumes from the paint stripper. After scraping paint for several hours, Joe Googles "paint removal" and sees that heating the paint may be more effective than stripper so he gets his trusty map torch and sets to melting the offending paint layers.
Days later, the headlines read "Man sets fire to home, total loss". The story tells how Joe burned down his house because he didn't think the paint stripper would set fire to the dresser and that the ventilation efforts would ensure the fire in his basement would burn his house down in minutes (before the FD could get ther).
Joe, the idiot who "accidentally" torched his house.

·
Registered
21,751 Posts
Two acres. How many square miles is that? Is this serious?
Not square miles, square feet. An acre is 43,560 square feet, 2 acres - 87,120 square feet.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,799 Posts
Paging @TBO . Please pick up the white courtesy phone in the lobby.

Reactions: FullClip and TBO
1 - 20 of 29 Posts