Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The article seems to be more about the ALE's expensive gun buying habits (and then selling the guns to their officers on the cheap) than the Kimber as a duty weapon. Also, full auto imported Sigs? Why is that necessary?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
My Kimbers have all been fantastic. In fact, every one of my Kimbers has been more reliable than our department issued Gen 4 Glocks. Go figure.

·
Jeepster Maniac
179 Posts
The "problem" with Kimbers is they are built to be kept clean. By these guys a bunch of .357 revolvers!

·
Banned
1,820 Posts
I had one & it never gave any problem. I wish I still had it.

·
Banned
5,099 Posts
I've never cared for Kimbers anyway. I owned a Gold Match several years ago & found it to be unreliable and overpriced.

I traded it a Wilson & cash. 6,250 rounds without a malfunction.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
I wonder if they issued the 3" Ultra model like the one pictured. I had nothing but issues with my old Tactical Ultra II. My Compact & Custom sized guns are much more reliable.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
My advice is: Don't just buy a Kimber......BUY A CUSTOM SHOP KIMBER.
If the slide says CUSTOM and MATCH, you're a winner!

NOTE: If you spend $1,200 or more for a pistol, you will, more than likely, be satisfied.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I'd still buy one.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Wow. Everytime I read these threads I worry. There must be something wrong with my Kimber because I have never been able to get it to fail me.... :faint:

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
So, ALE trade their Kimbers in for SIGs (Secret Service style so it must be a P229) but then trade SIG 552 in for Bushmaster? WTF, over?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts