close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Don't blame it on old age

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Apr 10, 2006.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

OK, I'm gonna rant a little bit here, so please forgive my b*tching:

For the cruiser riders, stop being APOLOGISTS!!! If you want to ride a cruiser, be it a Harley, an Indian, a metric, a BMW, ad nauseaum, then ride a cruiser, OK? I don't really care what you ride as long as you ride. But stop playing the apologist. "Oh, I'm old so I can't ride a fast bike any more". No, you're not that old. If you don't want to ride fast any more then don't ride fast. If you want to ride a cruiser then ride a cruiser. Age has nothing to do with it. It's not an excuse, or an explanation. You don't owe me or anybody any reason to justify riding what you ride. But if you keep making up excuses and explanations then you may need to re-examine yourself and buy something else.

"Oooh, my back hurts and I can't bend over to reach the handlebars."

Guess what? There are plenty of sportive bikes that don't make you look like a monkey humping a football.

"I'm old, my reflexes aren't like they used to be."

Oh yeah? Tell that to the 60-years-old fellow who riding the MV Agusta F4 that had just dusted me and five hundred other young guys.

Ride what you ride and be happy about it. If you're not then do something about it, but don't come to me and tell me you're too old for this or for that.

2. g29andy

g29andy CLM

I'll be 36 next month, and I prefer a H-D touring bike. I did the Suzuki thing, and the BMW thing. But nobody could appreciate the posing, because I was flying by too fast. Now they can see me, although with the vibration I must appear somewhat blurry.:supergrin:

Seriously, I agree with you. Ride what you like, screw what others might think.

I am too old to ride on the jewels all day.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

It just bugged the hell out of me whenever we get to talking and people would say, "I'm riding a cruiser because I'm too old for sport bikes."

No, you're not too old for sport bikes. You just don't want to ride them, or want to ride them any more for whatever reasons, of which you're more than entitled to. Just don't come and tell me about it because I don't really care.

Oooh, that feels better. Rant off.:supergrin:

4. Clydeglide

Clydeglide

Well, I'll be 57 next month and the missus is a few.......errrr.......a couple of years older.

We have his and hers "cruisers".:supergrin:

[​IMG]

We're going to Deal's Gap next month.

:cool:

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

See? That's what I'm talking about. I'm riding with a 60-years-old who rides an MV F4 1000, a 57 who rides a Duck 900SS, a 62 who rides a Busa, A 55 who rides a Tuono Racing, A 50 who rides a CBR 1000, another 50 on a K1200R...the list goes on.

It's a blast seeing them rolling up in full racing leathers, pot belly and all.

One of these days I'll be as good of a rider as these folks.

6. Clydeglide

Clydeglide

Time and nature have a nasty way of getting even with statements like that!;)

LOL!

:cool:

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

It already did :embarassed: