close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Donald Trump & Perpetual War

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Silas.soule, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Silas.soule

Silas.soule

I bet Trump is making "The War Machine" fidget with anxiety. How are Halliburton & Dick Cheney supposed to make a living? Kellog Brown & Root won't prosper without little wars in Vietnam and Iraq, to name 2 it has profited from. Paul Wolfowitz wanted Sadaam Hussein toppled, and he got it, while we will be paying the bill for a long time.

Sometime when you are bored, Google the following name and read up on this US army veteran, West Pointer, and conservative, who says we should do nation building here at home:

Andrew J. Bacevich

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

What makes you think Trump won't keep the military very busy? I don't get that impression at all. The US military can't function without contractors and contracts without a major change that would take a decade or more. I am not following what your trying to say.

3. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Here's what you need to know. We are controlled by the Bush-Clinton cabal. There is effectively one political party. The FBI and DOJ are political tools of the cabal and until we form a new party, we will continue to be subjected to meaningless but bloody foreign entanglements. You are currently witnessing the cabal take down Trump.

Kablam, LarryNC, JohnH and 1 other person like this.
  4. Maxx702

Maxx702 I BITE LIBERALS!!

There was a day when I would have said that is nonsense.

5. Will Beararms

I did until this election. It's clear the Bush family controls the GOP and the Clintons have regained control of the DNC. The synergy has worked well and made a lot of people wealthy and many others wealthier. Follow the money. It's always about the money.

LarryNC and JohnH like this.
  6. EOS

EOS National Capitalist

Invade the world, invite the world.

JohnH likes this.
  7. Will Beararms

We had two natural enemies going at it for decades but we couldn't leave well enough alone. Stormin' Norman warned us. What did he know???

8. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

An average of 50 wars going on at anytime.
    Since when?
    Since start of recorded history.
    :)

9. Maxx702

Maxx702 I BITE LIBERALS!!

I started to see it when George W Bush announced the 700 Billion dollar TARP "bailout plan" and stood there with John McCain holding hands with the Hairy Reid, Nancy Pelosi and the other Democrats announcing they must take immediate action to prevent the banks and other large corporations from failing.
    That was the moment I realized they were all puppets and the country had been hijacked.

happyguy and LarryNC like this.
  10. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Didn't Barack Obama attack Libya without provocation, increase the troops deployed to
    Afghanistan in his very own "Surge", order drone strikes in Pakistan, raid the Bin Laden compound in
    Pakistan, deploy the military to Africa in search of militant groups, deploy US troops and jets to Eastern Europe to rattle the saber at Putin, fly US jets over a Chinese artificial island, deployed more advisers/combat troops to Iraq, and
    is currently operating a Syrian civil war military force?

He's kept the military very busy.

Lethaltxn and LASTRESORT20 like this.
  11. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Well, I'll bet the majority of those wars are Muslims vs Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus,
    and secular gov'ts. But, Muslims play the victims.

They play the victim card and then attack in "righteous" jihad.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  12. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Don't bring up facts!

DonGlock26 likes this.
  13. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

14. Silas.soule

Silas.soule

I seem to remember from a history class that when the Crusaders went into Jerusalem and ran out the Muslims, the blood was recorded as ankle deep in one site. Then, there was the Christian habit of burning people alive. At Salem Mass., some moral progress had been made, because those "witches" were merely hung. I'm not taking up for Islam. I just know that Christianity has its own ugly history. Heck, some of our Founding Fathers were closet-non-believers (diests).

LarryNC likes this.
  15. EOS

EOS National Capitalist

Enjoy.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  16. Silas.soule

Silas.soule

I'm not taking up for the boy. I'm just of the opinion that he would stand up to what Ike called the "Military-Industrial Complex" more than the run-of-the-mill politician would.

Some historians would say that a way to weaken an empire is to entangle it in stupid wars. Well, the USA has oodles of politicians who never met a war they didn't lke.

happyguy and LarryNC like this.
  17. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Did your history class teach you the reasons behind the Pope's call for a Crusade?

18. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

First things first, we remove the Obama-Hillary war machine from power.

19. nraman

nraman

To make matters worse, a lot of Americans, being disappointed at how things are here, look forward to one more war to kick a$$ and feel better.
    We are in perpetual wars for special interests.
    I knew there was a reason to abandon the draft, our masters didn't want another Vietnam every time they had a new adventure in mind. With a high unemployment and thanks to the patriotism of most Americans, it's easy to fill the ranks with volunteers they can use any way they want.
    Some of the Mid East wars were implied to be about oil. What some people never figured out is that our government doesn't want low oil prices that cut down the Big Oil profits as proven by a US government spokesperson. By keeping production here and abroad down, trillions are made by ripping off the consumer. The US government even tried to prevent fracking on State lands and failed. This failure cost Big Oil a lot and the OPEC a bleak future.