Donald Trump: I’ll Sign National Reciprocity if It Reaches My Desk

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by glockman66, Oct 18, 2020.

1. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I would love it too, however, I am not holding my breath waiting for it.
    I do live in the Free State of Indiana, where the gun laws right now, are pretty good.

2. yep380

yep380

Gun free zones: gone, day one.

How’s that going?

3. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

IMO... that is the only way it could work.. cumbersome, yes but I believe strongly in State's Rights...so they would each have their own standards

4. thewitt

thewitt

And your TDS says he only made it because he knows he is not at any risk of having to sign it...

5. remshooter

remshooter

my only problem is ,If they make it Federal ,will that screw it up like the new drivers licence ,having to bring all that personal info in to get driver license ,dont even ask about the crap show to get a new D.L ,Kentucky has made of switching to the new federal driving license this past year and a half

6. Kentucky fan

Kentucky fan

My God i have been dealing with it for a month and a half. And they still have me in the wrong county

remshooter likes this.
  7. Pluto57

Pluto57

Which national reciprocity would rob them of since all states have their own standards for who gets a permit.

8. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Please. I don't have TDS. I early voted in person for the guy last week. I'm just not stupid enough to believe that he's anything but a squish deep down when it comes to guns.

He's not going to actively hurt us, but other than judicial appointments, he's not going out of his way to help us.

Bush played the same game on the opposite side of the field with the assault weapons ban. He claimed that if Congress passed an AWB extension prior to the sunset in 2004 that he'd sign it. He knew full well that the GOP controlled Congress wasn't going to pass an extension, but he got cheap points with the soccer moms. Same thing here, just opposite side of the issue.

nursetim likes this.
  9. reniram

reniram

They also have their own standards for who gets a drivers license.

10. reniram

reniram

Not with democrats in control of the House, that's for sure. But when republicans had control of the House it did pass the House quite a few times only to die in the Senate where it needed 60 votes. It came close one time while Bush 43 was POTUS but two republican senators (Lugar and Voynovitch (sp)) voted with the democrats to ensure the fix was in against national reciprocity. Perhaps if the republicans take back the House and maintain the Senate they can beat the democrats at their own gain by getting rid of the filibuster - you know, be careful what you wish for :)

Ramjet38 likes this.
  11. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Come on man!!

He's not a TDS sufferer, he's just being honest about the issue.

Trump could have made a big 2nd Amendment push as soon as he got into office, but didn't. He focused all his efforts on Obamacare and got almost nothing for his efforts.

Dukeboy01 and nursetim like this.
  12. Rex Vallachorum

Rex Vallachorum Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista

This is the case where I was asked to provide written testimony in support of the plaintiffs (multiple Olympic gold medalist and world champion shooter Kim Rhodes and the CRPA) regarding the two week long ordeal I had to go through in order to buy a couple of boxes of shotshells last year before the duck hunting opener: https://www.facebook.com/100011088912909/posts/1216762248703394/?app=fbl

13. Rex Vallachorum

He would have failed regardless -

14. Rex Vallachorum

Trump would have failed regardless. Paul Ryan was a TDS stricken RINO who would have sabotaged reciprocity just as he sabotaged Obamacare repeal.
    We will have much better chances to advance the 2nd Amendment causes starting the day after ACB is confirmed on the SCOTUS bench.

Agonizer and mj9mm like this.
  15. DaleGribble

That's why I said, we only have hope through the Supreme Court.

Whether Ryan was in charge or not, he could have tried to get it done, but he didn't even try, didn't lobby for it, and he even didn't try to sway public perception around the issue.

Bottom line, Trump has done nothing for gun owners, and he never will. Yes, his court picks have supposedly been good for gun owners, but we haven't seen anything to prove that yet.

yep380 likes this.
  16. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

No, it merely means that a state can no longer refuse to recognize a permit merely because it was issued by another state. It's really quite simple.

Just because Kentucky can't handle simple paperwork doesn't mean the rest of America cant.

So? If a state issued a permit, another state can't refuse to recognize it. Does that actually confuse you?

Which President has done better for gun rights? In the past 50 years or so.

17. Rex Vallachorum

Please change "we haven't seen" with I (as in you, personally) haven't seen.

The 9th Circus Of Appeals used to be 75% liberal, now after Trump appointed several appelate court justices it is under 55% liberal. We only need two more confirmations to flip the 9th. conservative.

Even now when liberal judges are holding a slim majority we already had or we are expecting major victories in cases like:

-Duncan V. Becerra (California large capacity magazine ban already overturned by 3 judge panel, CA AG Becerra who lost is now soliciting en-bank). https://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/2020-08-14-Opinion.pdf

-Rupp Vs. Becerra (California assault weapon ban overturned - I watched the oral arguments last week, two out of three judges panel are pro-gun Trump appointees who put the attorney for the State and his stupid arguments through a wood chipper, it was so much fun to watch)

-Rhode Vs. Becerra (California ammunition sales registration and background check scheme - just the other day the three judge panel asked both appealants and appelees to submit Supplemental Brief Regarding Historical Evidence. This is excellent news signaling the judges are originalists who are basing their decisions on historical precedent)
    https://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-10-14-Appellees-Supp-Brief.pdf

Do you know what will very likely happen the day after ACB is confirmed?
    AG Becerra will be pressured by the Democrats in Washington to drop his en-banc appeals.

Why? Because they know if these cases they lost in the Ninth are pushed all the way to the SCOTUS and they lose again 6-3, the rulings will apply to all States, including New York, New Jersey, Illinois where gun haters passed laws that are just as worse as California's.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  18. DaleGribble

43 and 44.

The AWB sunset on Dubya's watch and Obama expanded CCW to national parks.

Right, let me know when a final decision comes down on these issues from SCOTUS and case law is actually made. Until then, WE haven't seen anything yet.

19. Rex Vallachorum

Whatever.

20. Rex Vallachorum

Sometimes, some gun owners, even if they are pro 2nd Amendment, manage to turn themselves into some of our worst enemies.

"Trump didn't do anything for gun owners!"
    Yeah, other than flipping the most anti-second Amendment circuit court in the country from liberal to conservative, and in just a couple of days doing the same with the SCOTUS.

These Trump appointments are positive changes that will last generations. But maybe people like our friend here would have preferred Hillary instead of Trump. I'm sure she would have been awesomely helpful for preserving our gun rights

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    mj9mm likes this.