close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Don Hume question

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Stillhuntn, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Stillhuntn

Stillhuntn

I recently purchased a Don Hume holster for my Glock 23 and have some concerns. When I place the pistol into the holster a large amount of force is needed. Is this normal? Also when the pistol is fully engaged in the holster, the slide has moved back aproximately 3/16". Is this normal? Lastly, a large amount of force is needed to remove the pistol from the holster. Is this normal?
    This is my first Hume product and I have not experienced these problems with any other holster.
    All replies and any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rick

2. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

Is this a duty holster or a CC holster? What's the holster model number? And finally, where did you get it and can you be sure you selected or were sent the correct holster? Also, what's the stamping on the back of the holster (any discrepancy between the stamping on the holster and the label on the bag)? I'm thinking maybe somebody sent you the wrong holster.

I have lots of Don Hume holsters (all but a very few are 715M clip-on IWBs) and have never experienced this. The only times this has happened was when I was trying to put a gun into a holster that was made for a different model (this is sometimes necessary when dealing with an oddball or new production pistol). Trying to fit a Beretta 9000s a few years ago into a Sig 239 clip-on. Worked but it was tight until I had worked it in for a while.

3. b8tr

b8tr bent member

I have a Don Hume leather inside the waistband holster and it was tight, until it broke in, but not as tight as what you have described. I like my holster alot and it is my daily carry rig for my G23.
    I hope it is just a question of working the holster and breaking it in, like a baseball mit.

4. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

You can try putting the gun in the holster and working it in a side to side motion. Don't go crazy and use a lot of force. Working it many times with a small amount of force is better than putting maximum force a few times. This will loosen it up a bit as will repeatedly inserting it and removing it from the holster. These thing shouldn't be as tight as he's describing to start with, though.

5. Rambosky

Rambosky Grunt

Use the plastic bag or wax paper trick.

6. Dobber

Dobber Member

Works like a charm.

7. digitspaw

digitspaw RIP 08/95~09/09

don't forget...................UNLOADED:clown: