close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Domino's Driver robbed

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by automatic slim, Mar 6, 2010.

1. automatic slim

automatic slim Walmart Shopper

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7176557/

The company policy is idiotic. Way to stand up for your employees! :upeyes:

If that was me, and boss man wanted the money, I'd pay him in pennies. Of course, the story would have ended a little differently.:50cal::50cal::50cal:

2. mymini40

mymini40

3. longhair

longhair

"Policy is to prevent drivers being targets"? That makes no sense to me.

4. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

The policy is in place to keep drivers from pocketing the cash and claiming they were robbed.

5. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

Dominoes changed their mind, he doesn't have to pay it back.

The bad PR they risked even asking initially was foolhardy.

6. MooseJaw

MooseJaw NRA Lifer CLM

I heard that the robbers brought the Pizza back.. :rofl:

7. oldsoldier

oldsoldier

I don't doubt that! The pizza was terrible the last couple of times I ordered from them. I don't order theirs anymore.

8. drew4691

drew4691

I used to work for a pizza place in high school. We just carried change for $20s. So if the food was like 35 bucks, we would take 5 dollars in case they gave us $40, unless they told us in advance on the phone "i have a $50 bill" or whatever.

Luckily i was in a very small town, and we only delivered in a 3 mile radius, so that wasnt too bad. The messed up thing is that the owner charged $2 for delivery, and he used to have a company delivery car until some employee wrecked it. We had to use our own car and gas after that... but still charged $2 and pocketed it. He still does that.

I got minimum wage and kept all my tips, so that was good. Decent money for a high school kid. (and got to listen to music on deliveries) LOL.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  9. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

The Dominos' corporate policy is actually that the delivery drivers are not to carry more than $20.00 on them to prevent them from becoming robbery targets. That's STILL stupid. The robbers will STILL kill you for only $20.00. You'll be just a little less dead.

It seems that ALL of the major pizza chains still don't allow delivery drivers to be armed because of the insurance exposure to them. They would it seems, sooner see their drivers killed or maimed.

10. byf43

byf43 NRA Endowment Life Member

Oh, so making a driver make restitution for what a robber does prevents them from being 'targets'??

Riiiiiiiiiight. And banning trailer parks to prevent tornadoes, works, too.

Sure it does.

11. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

think it is more likely they would rather not be sued out of existence by shyster lawyers. As long as those drivers are on the clock then the pizza place is responsible for their actions.

12. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

It's the same way with some of the Security companies I worked for. They'll put a person in uniform, but won't allow them to legally carry a gun for fear of insurance liability.

I'd still carry if I were the one delivering pizzas. If they want to fire me over that after I wasted Joe Crackhead for trying to rob me, then obviously, they aren't a good company to work for.

13. Jon_R

Jon_R

The Pizza place is not responsible for criminals being criminals. If pizza guy gets killed they just get another pizza guy. The only way they could be liable for the death of a driver is if they where grossly negligent. They run the numbers and see no upside to allowing drivers to be armed. Nothing good can happen for them so that is why you have what you have.

I assume it is the same reason there is a weapons policy at my work banning items "commonly referred to as weapons." I would think I could still carry my Kel-Tec .380 based on that. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  14. quicksand

quicksand

Domino's sucks to work for, the policy is that driver can't have more than $20 dollars on them. The fools in corporate have never heard of the fifty or hundred dollar bill. If drivers adhear to the policy they lose money because they must drive back to the store for change all the time. They know this and have the policy so they can screw employees that are the victims of robbery.

Glad my days at Domino's are over. I can't figure out why anyone would pay for such horrible food.