dog question...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Tim151515, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

So I have heard opinions on both sides of the fence from very smart people, on each side, that have much more training around them than I do..so what is your opinion?..

do dogs have actual affection for people? or do people artificially attatch the human emotion of affection to dogs?...when in reality its just their survival instinct to run in a pack...and look at the humans in their "family" as a part of that pack?.. :dunno:

2. DaneA

DaneA

I would like to think that they have affection. I know if I don't pay any mind to my boxer for a bit he comes looking for attention.

I think that some people attach too many human traits to their dogs.

3. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

They definitely have affection for people. My little girl has plenty more affection for my wife but still shows a little love for her daddy when he comes home from a long day at the office. Everyone should experience the affection of a dog. It will change you forever. I promise.:aod:

4. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

They display jealousy ,so why not affection.

5. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

This little guy feels affection.
    [​IMG]

He is an attention ho.

Whenever any of us come home, he starts waggin' that little stub tail of his, and grabs a stuffed toy in his mouth and sits by the door.
    The closer any of us get to the door, the tail starts becoming the whole dog waggin'!!!!!

Russell loves love.
    When my youngest daughter comes home from college, he'll sit and 'kiss her' for at least 10 minutes!!

6. Emoore

Emoore

Of course we can't objectively know even if another human fees affection or love. We can only go by what they say and what they do.

Dogs posses the same brain areas that we do where love is experienced. Those same brain areas light up in both species when in the presence of a "loved" one. Dogs themselves exhibit similar affection behaviors to our own.

We have about as much evidence that dogs feel affection as we do that humans feel affection.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  7. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

They definitely have affection. I have an old male who was a pound puppy and he hates men. He has tried to bite the majority of the men who come around my place. But when my little brothers come by who he also lived with he rubs on them like a cat waiting to be petted. I think that strongly shows the difference from pack vs affection.