close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dog on Duty!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Dandapani, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Dandapani

Dandapani

My son captured this picture while photographing our new automatic gate opener. I like his composition. LOL.

[​IMG]

2. gabbygus

gabbygus

Ha ha ha.. I had not seen that picture. Pretty funny. He looks like the poodle on the sign.

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

I have to admit, the groomer who cuts our dog does a wonderful job. That dog is bigger than he seems. He's one tall drink of water!

4. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

well I tell ya Dan......."Poo-Doo's" are some of the most viscious dogs around when it comes to protecting what's theirs........

I would be scared to get too close to that gate!! :banana: :supergrin: :wavey:

5. Dandapani

Dandapani

Yabut... this guy is too smart to be vicious. He loves to be "scared" away so he barks and run and barks and runs. Its all a big game him.

BTW: our groomer clipped him short all over today for his summer cut. He still has the pompom tail and foofoo head and ears... He's cute.

6. H-D&GLOCK

H-D&GLOCK Harley Rider

bet that dog is a lot bigger and badder than he looks!! Especially to a stranger

7. Dandapani

Dandapani

he's got a mean, wicked scared bark. He charges the fence while doing it. If you stomp your feet at him and charge back, he'll run away :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. gabbygus

gabbygus

He did scare some young girls, real bad. They were walking by. And the gate was open. And he ran out barking. The girls screamed bloody murder. Poor girls.

Eddy, did not hurt them. He came back. All proud of him self. I felt bad. We usually always keep that gate closed. His bark is big. And so is his growl.

Very good watch dog. He great at fetch, and he is so smart. I think he is just one good dog. Love my Standard poodle.

9. Cannibal Roses

Cannibal Roses

What a beautiful standard poodle!

I used to have a big white one named Solomon.
    He was a gentle, brilliant baby with a mean sounding bark.
    Lots of people were scared of him, in spite of the fact that he was a total wimp.

10. chiefmanywrench

chiefmanywrench

He is a handsome boy! I am a big fan of black standards

11. Dandapani

Dandapani

Yes, this dog is something. But, we bought him from a breeder of black and grey poodles. Both his mom and dad had grey in their black coat and he is supposed to also, but it hasn't come through yet. LOL.

12. gabbygus

gabbygus

He is getting more gray in his coat. It's funny, it runs down the middle of his back. So he is are little skunk poodle.:animlol:

13. DennisP

DennisP

Funny story about a poodle, I use to live in an apartment and one of my neibors had a big black poodle named Dutch(I think, it has been about 8 years or so) Well the lady who owned him was very nice and the dog had all the fancy cuts from the groomer. Well she goes to work one day with the dog crated because maintance was comming to the apartment. The maintance dude looks at the big fluffy poodle and decides to open the crate. He found out real quick that Dutch wasn't the nicest dog out there. She comes home and the apartmet complex staff start telling her she gonna be sued for having a vicious dog and all untill she tells them that he was crated and the maintance guy admited to opening the crate "to play with the dog!"

Just because a dog looks foofy doesn't make it a foofy dog!

Also I was suprised to learn that Poodles are French hunting dogs.

Dennis P.

14. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

You're not alone, not many people realize that Poodles are a very robust breed.

15. DennisP

DennisP

Very true!
    Dennis P.

16. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

I think is has to do more with the fact that they are from France..lol..something tough from France? get the hell out of here..:supergrin:

17. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

She should have sued him for opening the crate. A CRATED DOG THAT DON'T BELONG TO YOU IS CRATED FOR A REASON PEOPLE! Sorry.... Rant. Standard poodles are a really smart breed I'm told (I have no personal experiance with them.). I have a friend who grew up helping her mom raise the breed.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

18. compassman

compassman

Poodles are not French at all. Poodles we know today are from Germany. There ancestry is from the Portuguese and Russian water dogs. The "funny show cut" was actually developed to help protect vital parts in ice water during retrieval of game. The other parts of fur were cut off to reduce weight and help aid in swimming. They are actually considered to be one of the oldest known dogs that were breed specifically for water retrieval. They are very robust and very strong animals. They are also very intelligent dogs. My father always has a Miniature Poodle with him. Actually, still does to this day. The Standard size poodle of today was not actually there real size. There real size was smaller, but bigger then a miniature. They believe the Poodle that came from Germany was actually breed bigger and into the standard size that has been excepted as standard. They also believe they were bred smaller for companionship. I would not go messing with no Poodle.