close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

dog kills child -

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by *ASH*, Apr 21, 2012.

1. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

2. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

When my boy was 2 months old, I didn't leave him alone in the room with our 10 pound miniature Dachshund. He's 2 years old now and I wouldn't leave him alone with a lab size dog any farther than I can lunge in a split second.

3. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

I love dogs, more than people. But any dog can snap and revert to his survival insticnts. Domesticated dogs supress their wild instincts, they dont lose them.

4. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

I'm a dog lover myself. Its just an unfortunate case of poor parenting!:dunno:

5. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

So, they leave a two year old alone with a dog they, "just got a few weeks earlier?" Poor kid, I'm betting poor dog...but I'm certain of poor parenting. HH

6. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Two MONTH old. Too small to be alone with a cat.

7. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Thanks. That makes it even worse... HH

8. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

A friend's daughter was attacked by their cat today with all of us in the same room. She's five and even though the cat had been declawed she still sustained several scratches and bite wounds. Unfortunately the ****in' cat is still breathing and it's actually the second time it's happened. :steamed:

I just don't understand peoples' attachment to animals. If it'd been my kid the ravens and magpies would be having cat tonight.

9. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Same dox here and did the same thing.

10. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

That is just awful. I am surprised the dad didn't hear anything, and who the hell goes to take a nap while leaving the baby in a swing? Take the baby with you.

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

When our child was an infant I asked my vet about a certain breed that was known as an excellent protector and family dog. Her response, "Don't bring any animal around your child that can kill your child."

12. Caver 60

Caver 60

A couple if months ago my wife found a You Tube video of some parents sitting there laughing while this 50 or 60 pound dog was licking a babies face as the baby was laying on the floor.

At one point the excited dog almost put it's paw straight on the babies face near it's eye. The parents just kept laughing and video taping. Wish I still had the URL. Can't believe some peoples stupidity.

13. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

some folks think im crazy , but i think people need a license to have kids . when its easier to have kids then adopt a pet something is wrong

i get into big fights with my wifes friends :rofl:

to many stupid people .then there are the bottom feeders who have kids just to get tax breaks , then there are those who foster kids for money , it goes on and on

14. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Too late for the little one ...

15. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

You bring up a very interesting point. We just adopted two dogs from the local no-kill and they called our vets, sent a volunteer out to inspect our place (with our permission) and asked for permission to contact by phone three immediate neighbors as references. We were glad to comply. HH

16. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

yeah , me and the wife support and help with 3 no kill shelters when we have time , they have almost the same rules as yours . some folks come in and raise hell and leave and we are glad to weed out the bad ones . we always hear " wtf we just want a dog or cat " why all the rules !! then they cuss and leave and we smile as they go out door .

because if they act like this with adoption of pets they damn sure dont need kids

17. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

That's good advice, human mothers are the most protective breed I know of around children. Human mothers have been known to kill children.

18. goldenlight

goldenlight

I'm one of the biggest cat lovers in the world, but once a cat attacked a child, with no provocation, the cat would have to go. Perhaps to a shelter, but absolutely out of the house right away.

That being said, some small children are notorious for tormenting pet animals, especially if they haven't been brought up to respect a pet's boundaries.

The cat may have gone off because of previous misbehavior.

Just sayin'

19. windplex

windplex

sad story. sorry for all involved!

not that it matters much to the story - pet kills infant -- but the quote below seems to indicate it was a dog. or did my dyslexic brain miss something about a cat?

" retriever-Labrador mix the family had taken into the home a few weeks earlier"

20. SmokeRoss

SmokeRoss GTDS Member #49

'discuss if any charges are to be filed' WTF? Somebody might have messed up.