close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dog in Vet hospital

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by southernshooter, Jul 19, 2012.

1. southernshooter

southernshooter

Just picked up my dawg from the vet. He was in the hospital section for a week. Cost $1030.00. Ouch. Has some kind of anemia that is eating red blood cells, but it is not cancer. Being controlled with drugs now, we hope. 2 years ago he was in for a few days and the bill was $700. Vet said he never know what was wrong, spider bite maybe. Pets can be expensive. Or maybe he just saw me coming, knew I was retired and had a few bucks.

2. michael e

michael e

They had ours for 3 days it was 1300. But he bet parvo, and they had to deal with the better half calling every 1 or so . Right now the guy is running around chasing his sister for a toy they have all torn up. Was worth the money in long run at time I was just thinking there goes my gun fund for a while.

3. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

Is this the Vet Hospital on Fernandina Drive? IF so , I feel your pain... We've spent enough to make the Christmas card list :uglylol:.. Hope your friend gets well soon....

4. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

You got off cheap:

Dachshund surgery #1 - shattered disk ($1500+)

Dachshund surgery #2 - remove spleen and cancer (Over $1500)

Now my Keeshond has the same type of anemia. red blood cells clot into visible "chunks" and the blood is like water - not thick.
    Never went to the hospital, but is on steroids. Not getting worse, at this point.
    She is pretty old........

5. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Best of luck. They can be expensive companions at times.

In the end what they give back tips the scales in thier favor IMHO.

Hope every thing works out.

6. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

There was a thread recently regarding bills that went upwards of $10k. I personally don't care. As long as I have something to sell to pay for the bill, it's fine by me. I know my dogs would do it for me. No matter what kind of day I had, they always greet me like I'm the best thing in their world.

Good luck in finding the cause. You also may want to try some online research for your breed. There has been more than one occasion when I went in to vets with online knowledge that certainly saved money from unnecessary tests. No vet can know everything about every breed.

I just dropped $850 on an abused rescue this week, so I'll be eating cup of noodles for a while.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  7. deputy tom

deputy tom

I'm in the hole for many thousands of dollars for vet bills. You will be glad you took care of your furry friend. tom.:cool: