Dog fighting on TV

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by sparky1, Jul 22, 2007.

1. sparky1

sparky1 Guest

Does it bother any one else that the "news" is showing clips of dogs fighting? This is being done in reference to the Michael Vick case.
    Oh its journalism! It is just good reporting. People have a right to know. "Your right to know supersedes your right to exist." (Gary Burbank 700 WLW)
    One media outlet shows it so the rest fall in line with the me too mentally. They did it so, so can we. I it just a ratings grab. I could go the rest of my life not seeing footage of scum, thugs and the human vomit of the world laughing, whooping and cheering for the eventual death of an animal.
    Sensationalism, shocking, suspense?
    No, shikaka, shipoopy.
    I sent e-,ails to FOX NEWS, CNN, MSNBC and Headline News. I bet I don't get a reply. >>^..^<<

2. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

I'm torn on the issue of showing dog fighting on TV. The dogs aren't fighting for the sole purpose of being put on the news. My beef comes with the fact that the media attaches the name "pitbull" to all of the dogs that forced to fight. I think that's more damaging then showing clips of the fights on the news.

3. sparky1

sparky1 Guest

If the footage added anything to the story it might be OK. I think they show the fighting just for shock value.
    I agree pit bulls get a bad rep from the media because of the low life's and thugs who own them for status symbols to make them selves look tuff and those who train them to fight. You can make any dog mean, Great Dane or poodle:animlol: they can all be made to be vicious. You have to be smarter than the dog!

4. sparky1

sparky1 Guest

Blinky is the Ultimate Fighting Cats your work or did you find that on the web? That is hilarious? >>^..^<<

5. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

hahaha, I wish I did that. :supergrin:

It's freakin' funny though, I have yet to get tired of it.