GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Come on man!!
14,384 Posts
Pepper spray will probably turn the chihuahua whose going to bite your ankles, but it's not going to turn away anything serious.
Nah, I watched a rottweiler just about rub its face off on concrete after eating a blast of Freeze +P.

·
Come on man!!
14,384 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just ran into my plumber friend at the gas station. He's pretty tore up and in a lot of pain. The last place he wanted to be was in the emergency room in a pandemic. He's a recent cancer survivor so he's already a rack of bones and a hank of hair.

Ms. Hayak thinks she's running a dog rescue in rural Washington. She lives in England or somewhere. The dogs are street dogs she just decides should be free to attack people here that get called to work on her property. She may be cut slack because of her celebrity but she's bringing untrained street dogs from Mexico and Belarus to tear up innocent folks here. The dog that attacked my friend was with the other dog that attacked the neighbor's dog in his garage from the first story link.

She think there's something wrong with the consciousness of the victims not her ratty dogs.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I saw a dog take a full-face blast of pepper spray and just shake it off. He had his teeth into another dog's neck and someone else at the dog park thought they could help by spraying the attacking dog.

Did nothing. Zip. Zilch.

The attacking dog eventually killed the other dog, and turned on the owner who was trying his best to break it up.

I was on the other side of the fence and though I was carrying, shooting a dog that's not attacking me is not the way I want to lose my status as the "gray man," in my neighborhood.

The attacker was from the "dog of peace" breed and was eventually put down by the police animal control unit. The owner had to get serious stitches in both arms and one leg. The lab that was killed was one of the sweetest dogs you could imagine.

I missed the start of the fight, but the end was brutal...

Pepper spray will probably turn the chihuahua whose going to bite your ankles, but it's not going to turn away anything serious.
That’s why I switched to bear spray. So far, 100% success.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I’ll rescue this post
Best movie scene ever

View: https://youtu.be/xX1z20VstKI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven’t even clicked it but I know it’s From Dusk til dawn. You are right about the greatness of that scene
WTH is with the pepper spray and bear spray carry talk for attacking dogs?? This is a gun forum right?!

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,153 Posts
Oooh maybe if you talk sweet nothings to Fido that will work as he tears your leg and skirt off. OR if it is shot maybe it won’t maul a little kid later down the road.
Dude, you asked the question, I just answered it. Don't bite my head off for it.

Also, I think getting OC gas in your face is a bit different than "talking sweet nothings", IDK how the heck you managed to conflate those two things.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Dude, you asked the question, I just answered it. Don't bite my head off for it.

Also, I think getting OC gas in your face is a bit different than "talking sweet nothings", IDK how the heck you managed to conflate those two things.
I get what you are saying but once those teeth are sunk in that is a different story. I would rather have the gun than just spray for sure. I suppose in certain situations it might not be terribly safe to go to the gun either if in a populated area.

·
Registered
13,933 Posts
Oooh maybe if you talk sweet nothings to Fido that will work as he tears your leg and skirt off. OR if it is shot maybe it won’t maul a little kid later down the road.

It's not either / or proposition. It is situational. I got 0 issue offing a dog attacking my dog or attacking me. Most use our judgment at any given time. In my case, the male pittie ran up to my dog (we were in a field and she was about 30 feet in front of me) to hump her not attack her. He got sprayed twice, started whining and trying to wipe his face. His owner came and got him. Either he didn't know his dog got sprayed or he knew better to say something. I love dogs more than most people and don't want to have to off one if I don't have to.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
He's done jobs there for many years. This time he was stalked and bitten from behind in the calf. He's a self-employed plumber who needs his legs. Hasn't been able to work for two weeks and is in a lot of pain.
If he's done jobs there for many years, were there dogs there at the time? If so, why didn't he insist the dogs be put away?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I carry OC, a blade, a gun, and ASP to walk my unleashed Pittie and protect her. I OC sprayed a male Pittie and he did not like that. My dog is a puss

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Why would you take a chance like that. Having a dog off leash is just asking for trouble.

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,339 Posts
Reactions: IamtheNRA
21 - 40 of 124 Posts