GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years ago I posted the following about being confronted by dangerous dogs.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...identally-shot-killed-neighbor-admits-n528581

I believe at the end of this story, Ms. Hayak apologized to the neighbor for him needing to shoot her dog in defense of his dog.

I've done work on her ranch and been absolutely freaked out by being in the back of my work van gathering tools after the caretaker let me on the property.

First one big dog came to my sliding door to see what I was doing. Then another and another, till I was surrounded by five dogs and couldn't get to the driver's seat because of the screen/cage. I couldn't honk the horn to get her attention...she was out of sight. And it's out in BFE with no cell service. I just had to sit there till she came looking for me, rounded up the pack and locked them in their run/kennel.
Today I heard of another older tradesperson attacked by these dogs. He was let onto the property by the stupid caretaker lady without putting the pack in the kennel.

He's done jobs there for many years. This time he was stalked and bitten from behind in the calf. He's a self-employed plumber who needs his legs. Hasn't been able to work for two weeks and is in a lot of pain.

There have been others attacked...his woman found other tradespeople with attack stories from this dog pack. Every single one of them said they didn't want to get involved or testify if needs be. Bunch of pantywaist bedwetters. I hope the lawyer rakes Hayak over the coals.

·
AAAMAD
30,411 Posts
Three years ago I posted the following about being confronted by dangerous dogs.

Today I heard of another older tradesperson attacked by these dogs. He was let onto the property by the stupid caretaker lady without putting the pack in the kennel.

He's done jobs there for many years. This time he was stalked and bitten from behind in the calf. He's a self-employed plumber who needs his legs. Hasn't been able to work for two weeks and is in a lot of pain.

There have been others attacked...his woman found other tradespeople with attack stories from this dog pack. Every single one of them said they didn't want to get involved or testify if needs be. Bunch of pantywaist bedwetters. I hope the lawyer rakes Hayak over the coals.
Why are you so emotionally invested in what happens to her?

Professional Karen?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
:notworthy:

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,349 Posts
I thought it was gonna be about AOC attacking Salma Hayak

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I recently purchased some pepper spray so I have a non lethal choice. I just need to get into the habit of carrying it on walks etc.

I have a pellet gun but I would never shoot it at anything I wasn't willing to kill @ 1200 fps.

·
Registered
15,268 Posts
I recently purchased some pepper spray so I have a non lethal choice. I just need to get into the habit of carrying it on walks etc.

I have a pellet gun but I would never shoot it at anything I wasn't willing to kill @ 1200 fps.
I saw a dog take a full-face blast of pepper spray and just shake it off. He had his teeth into another dog's neck and someone else at the dog park thought they could help by spraying the attacking dog.

Did nothing. Zip. Zilch.

The attacking dog eventually killed the other dog, and turned on the owner who was trying his best to break it up.

I was on the other side of the fence and though I was carrying, shooting a dog that's not attacking me is not the way I want to lose my status as the "gray man," in my neighborhood.

The attacker was from the "dog of peace" breed and was eventually put down by the police animal control unit. The owner had to get serious stitches in both arms and one leg. The lab that was killed was one of the sweetest dogs you could imagine.

I missed the start of the fight, but the end was brutal...

Pepper spray will probably turn the chihuahua whose going to bite your ankles, but it's not going to turn away anything serious.

·
Registered
13,850 Posts

I carry OC, a blade, a gun, and ASP to walk my unleashed Pittie and protect her. I OC sprayed a male Pittie and he did not like that. My dog is a puss

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,178 Posts
I saw a dog take a full-face blast of pepper spray and just shake it off. He had his teeth into another dog's neck and someone else at the dog park thought they could help by spraying the attacking dog.

Did nothing. Zip. Zilch.

The attacking dog eventually killed the other dog, and turned on the owner who was trying his best to break it up.

I was on the other side of the fence and though I was carrying, shooting a dog that's not attacking me is not the way I want to lose my status as the "gray man," in my neighborhood.

The attacker was from the "dog of peace" breed and was eventually put down by the police animal control unit. The owner had to get serious stitches in both arms and one leg. The lab that was killed was one of the sweetest dogs you could imagine.

Pepper spray will probably turn the chihuahua whose going to bite your ankles, but it's not going to turn away anything serious.
I've used pepper spray successfully on Dobermans and German Sheppards

Reactions: fg17 and Paul53

·
Registered
5,375 Posts

Did nothing. Zip. Zilch.

I would’ve done the exact same thing. Call 911 on their behalf. Where was their gun they could’ve legally carried? What guns did they own? What belts and holsters did they have? What kind of safe do they have? What training did they attend? How many thousands of rounds did they send down range? What gun club do they belong to? What was their NRA number? They obviously felt comfortable going through life not carrying a firearm. I choose to carry for the protection of myself and my family. I’m not going to financially ruin myself for someone else’s dog. Nope not going to happen.

·
JAFO
13,658 Posts

1 - 20 of 124 Posts