GlockTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Never thought we would see the day when a Glock would need aftermarket parts to function properly.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Never thought we would see the day when a Glock would need aftermarket parts to function properly.
I wouldn't say that its not functioning properly more just how it's designed. Even in a combat situation this would be an unlikely event. Like I mentioned earlier the only thing I could think of is a poorly timed tactical reload in a straight up fire fight.

It's more of a test that another handgun set the standards for. Look at all the "glock test" you could come up with and then say, never thought we'd see the day where xyz gun would need aftermarket parts to function properly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Get out of here with your 1911 junk pistols. Why would anyone want to spend $2,000 on a pistol and then have to spend another $1,000 and wait 6 months to a year to send it to a gunsmith to get it to run right. All the 1911 pistols I see at the range are nothing but jamamatics while I shoot 300-400 rounds of Glock Perfection through my G30.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
1911's are no junk. Show some respect to a over a hundred year old American pistol design which is still widely used by world class competition shooters. Beautiful and highly reliable 1911's can be had for under $1000!

·
Registered
91 Posts
And how many World Class Shooters are using 1911 pistols that cost under $1,000? They all use pistols that cost upwards of $3,000. Even Larry Vickers who is regarded as the top 1911 pistolsmith uses a Glock pistol. Go ahead and keep practicing your jam clearing procedures with your $3,000 1911 pistols. I'll keep shooting 400 straight rounds of Glock Perfection every time I go to the range.

·
MacGyver
7,004 Posts
There are plenty of other great guns out there: Sig, CZ, HK, SW, SA...blah, blah.

Yet, every time 1911 is mentioned, Glock gets the brunt of it: that's something to be proud of considering the cost of the two specimens.

I own a collection of both Glocks and 1911's. The Glock is something to be admired for its simplicity and functionality-- beauty that goes beyond skin deep..

:tongueout::tongueout:Here's to your 1911 test.:tongueout::tongueout:

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
1911's are no junk. Show some respect to a over a hundred year old American pistol design which is still widely used by world class competition shooters. Beautiful and highly reliable 1911's can be had for under $1000!
My pal's bone-stock Ruger SR1911 gulps down any ammo he's tried so far and he paid about $600 for it. I don't own one but I ain't knocking one either. If Glock's design lasts 100yrs without major changes it will be up there with a 1911.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
What is the point of this?

Can a 1911 pass the Glock tests?

Test1: Empty, unloaded, weapon.
Rack the slide and SLAM it closed (slingshot, it as hard as it will go) on an empty chamber, on purpose, as often as you like.
Not cry about it.

Test 2: Field strip it, with tissue or paper towel wipe all the lubricant you can find on the rails and anywhere inside. Put it back together. Shoot 300 rounds through it and not cry about it.

Test3
Throw the Glock 20 ft onto your front lawn, run up to it stomp on it. While standing on it, do the "twist" and not cry about it.

Test4: detail strip it, and put it back together in under 3 min, and not cry about it.
Any 1911 I've ever built has had the crap beat out of it eventually. I never cry about it and they all run flawlessly. I love my Glocks but they're all tools. They get used.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Get out of here with your 1911 junk pistols. Why would anyone want to spend $2,000 on a pistol and then have to spend another $1,000 and wait 6 months to a year to send it to a gunsmith to get it to run right. All the 1911 pistols I see at the range are nothing but jamamatics while I shoot 300-400 rounds of Glock Perfection through my G30.
You're a jackass dude.

Take any 1911. Drop an EGW firing pin stop in it, and tune the extractor and most likely it'll run as good as anything out there.

"Factory" 1911's typically have issues because of those two things in my experience. 30min, and $20 worth of parts and you'll have a pistol that'll work no problem.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Oh yes the Ruger SR1911 is a great example of a very reliable 1911 for under $1000. I hear only great things about it. I am looking for one right now but they are pretty hard to find around me. I bought a brand new Rock Island Armory 1911 two years ago for $440 that 1911 ran better than my G19 gen4 and G23 gen4. The two gen4's had massive ejection issues before I fixed them.

·
MacGyver
7,004 Posts
This is the under GENERAL GLOCKING forum. You can't walk into a Glock Church and pull out your 1911 script card, and expect choir conversion. Go preach to your own choir. Show me a similar torture test on any non-generic 1911 and I might be mildly swayed.

Again, I also own a collection of 1911's. For my tool of death and destruction, Glock is my Kung fu style of choice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You're a jackass dude.

Take any 1911. Drop an EGW firing pin stop in it, and tune the extractor and most likely it'll run as good as anything out there.

"Factory" 1911's typically have issues because of those two things in my experience. 30min, and $20 worth of parts and you'll have a pistol that'll work no problem.
Is that all....so then why are Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom, and other pistolsmiths charging about $3,000 for something a Glock can do out of the box any day and every day.

I can go buy any Glock pistol tomorrow and go straight to the range and shoot it without having to drop in any parts or tweak anything. All in less than 20 minutes.

Winner....Glock!

·
Super Moderator
3,741 Posts
Drifted off-topic, name calling, general degeneration of the entire thread. Grow up folks.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.