close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does your dog sleep on a dog bed?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Norrin Radd, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

My dog is a border collie - bernese mountain dog mix and is almost 3 years old. When he was younger he slept in the crate in which I put a blanket down and he would just push it into one corner and out of his way. As he got older I began letting him roam free at night and he would just sleep where ever he felt like. Occasionally I would find him sleeping in the crate or sometime just on the linoleum floor. My friends told me that I should buy him a dog bed, so I bought him an inexpensive sheepskin bed.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    First I put it in his crate and he ended up dragging out of the crate. Lately he has been sleeping in the upstairs hallway so I put the bed there and now he has found another place to sleep. Just wondering do any other people have dogs that just seem to like lying on the floor?

2. dkbrucedvm

dkbrucedvm

None of my Malamutes ever liked dog beds. My whippet won't sleep anywhere BUT a bed (unless it's the couch...). Just depends on the dog.

3. Platz

Platz

Mine all love their beds. They aren't allowed on the couch anymore (new couch) and only two of them are *on occasion* allowed on the bed.

They got used to dog beds quickly. Costco has great large breed dog beds for under $20. I had one that was pretty worn and tossed it out on the (covered) back porch this fall. I would find them sleeping on it regularly just when they were outside for a couple hours.

I find that many dogs use dog beds if they are not allowed access to the furniture. Not all, but many will.

4. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Does your dog sleep on a dog bed?

Yes, and on the sofa, and on the recliner, and in our bed, and the bed in my office, and....

[​IMG]

5. bucky_925

bucky_925

Mine is asleep on MY bed as I type this. You haven't lived until you have a 130# bullmastiff sleeping at your feet.

On the upside I don't really worry about anyone breaking into my bedroom and killing me in my sleep.

6. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

My Dutch Shepherd sleeps on a folded up comforter on the floor in the bedroom. Sometimes during the night he'll sneak into the bed. Depending on where he put himself, he might get to stay there is he isn't in the way and doesn't wake me up.

My Malinois sleeps in a crate with a couple soft blankets in the bottom that regularly get rotated and cleaned.

7. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

My dog sleeps in bed with me.

[​IMG]

8. firedawg60

firedawg60

Our Golden's have beds. Most of the time they'll sleep on them but if they get hot, they will be on the floor. A lot of times I'll get up or get ready for work and they will both be on the same one.

9. snair

snair

yep and the big bastige thinks its our couch

10. Shasta69

Shasta69

Your pup could be getting too hot hence sleeping on the floor. My GSD sleeps on the bed during the day and on her COSTCO bed at night.

On those really cooler nights, the heating blanket is turned on then the cat takes up residence on the bed.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my question. After reading the reply I have come to the conclusion that due to my dogs heavy coat he is comfortable wherever he sleeps.

It is not unusual for me to look outside and see him laying in a pile of snow chewing away on one of his bones.

P1030893 (Medium).JPG

12. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Same for my Keeshond:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  13. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Yes, we sometimes call it our leather couch. :rofl:

I do have an actually dog bed, and they'll lay on it occasionally. My older dog has several spots he'll sleep (one of them is the couch).

14. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Mine does. But only till I fall asleep then he gets in bed with me till I kick him for laying on the covers. :rofl:

15. Mike Oxbig

Mike Oxbig Canadian eh!

My dog will rotate from her bed in the livingroom, to the couch (when i'm on it), to her crate then to my bed when I hit the hay. She's a Springer x Lab

16. The AmBASSaDEER

The AmBASSaDEER

My beagle sleeps in his bed on the floor

17. Mwildt

Mwildt

Those are two fabulous dogs you have. I have a Malinois that is amazing. Where did you pick up the Dutch? I haven't seen one in person. Hell, I was amazed I got a Malinois local. I'm currently not in a position to have a second dog (limited space), but when I am able to get one the Dutch is on the top of my list.

Sanchez loves his bed. He'll sleep on the floor if he has too, but he often drags his bed out of the bedroom and into the living room. Late at night I'll let him on the couch with me and he conks out instantly there.

[​IMG]

18. Maxx702

Maxx702 I BITE LIBERALS!!

Maxx, our "little" Rottie sleeps on a baby crib mattress next to our bed.

The cool thing is you can buy sheets and comforters that make it so much easier to wash than a dog bed.

Yes, Maxx is kind of spoiled.

19. Mattyd

Mattyd

More often than not our GSP is playing pillow hog with us. Occasionally when I need a full night of unmolested sleep I will put her in her crate. When she is in our be she has to leaning up against me or on my pillow. She leaves the wifee alone..Smart dog! lol

20. dorkweed

dorkweed

My BLM (aka Labrador.....my avatar) sleeps with me in our bed. He likes to spoon more and spoons better than my GF!!!!:whistling::whistling: She doesn't mind though. However he does when the GF or I are feeling amorous!!!:cool::cool: