close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does your cat love to be hugged?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

Mine does.

She will jump on my lap at various times during the day, and will not settle down until she gets a good hug from me.

She's a Godsend, for sure.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

He winds his way in and out of my legs, rubbing and purring, until he's picked up, then he purrs and closes his eyes while I scratch his head for ten or fifteen seconds...

then he violently lets me know that my services are no longer needed and jumps down and walks away without looking back.

And does it all over again ten minutes later.

3. PBCounty

PBCounty

Captain Frisco does....his counterpart Busket Babbles will kick my *** if I try.

4. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

We have a Bengal that never stops "talking", follows us around the house, and if you sit down he's on you like a cheap suit. Have vto hug him, scratch him, and rub his belly before he'll either settle down or move on to the next person for similar ministrations.

bengal & tux: [​IMG]

The tuxedo is a tiny cat that likes to lay on my shoulder like a baby while I watch TV. Dinky, our poofy little longhair, gets jealous and vies for equal time. A bonus: when contented, she drools all over.

the drooler: [​IMG]

The Russian Blue is just mellow, happy to occasionally lie on a lap.

zippy:
    [​IMG] :rofl:

5. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

Mine does not. She prefers to be petted on her terms and otherwise to be left alone.

6. deputy tom

deputy tom

One cat loves to be picked up and cradled, the other two just want petted and then they walk away.tom.:dunno:

7. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

The young idiot up front absolutly hates being picked up and loved on, so he gets it all the time...squirm-squirm-squirm

The big fat fluffy one is simply too huge to be picked up.

But both love their pets.
    [​IMG]

8. BEER

BEER bad example

i think my cat loves hugs. the cat seems to think he dosen't like them very much at all. i have the chainmail and the opposable thumbs therefore his opinion is of little consequence in the matter. lol

9. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

If you tried with our cat you would soon be visually impaired....................

10. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

No. She hates behing picked up or held. If I even try it, say to move her to a different location, she will scream like I am killing her. Sometimes when I am getting ready in the morning, she will come into the bathroom and sit on the toilet until I scratch her around her head and neck, but that is the full extent of it. In the 7 years I have had her, she has jumped up on my lap exactly twice on her on volition. She almost gave me a heart attack both times.

My miniature pinscher on the other hand, will regularly jump up into my lap, put her paws on my shoulder and rub her face against my cheek until I stop what I am doing and hug and kiss on her. Once she has had her fill, she will happily jump down and go about her busy self.

I wish I had a more affectionate cat.

11. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Oh heck yeah....my cat is on crack when it comes to attention. She spends 6 hours a day or so licking. Nuzzling, kneeding or otherwise moleating me with attention......something is wrong with her.

Maybe its the coffee.....[​IMG]

12. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Some days yes... other days not so much.

13. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

My sister's cat, Panka, takes a shower every morning with her husband. Really.

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

No, but whenever I'm in bed she's either curled up on my chest or under my arm right beside me.

15. BonnieB

BonnieB (Thinking....)

Cats are genuine individuals and my experience is that they will demand what they want and refuse what they don't want. They are naturally better armed than we are, even if we are bigger, so you don't want to force them.

So the thing to do is find out what they want and give it to them. Cat Slaves unite!

Example: My two Lynx Point Siamese, Hunter and Chase, are brothers, one is very alert and nervy, the other is so laid back he lies in the bathroom sink and just yawns if you fill a glass of water over his back.

BUT they both come when called or whistled up, and sit for their cookies. They also come for either one's name. They're brothers and like human little brothers, they are both anxious that the other might get more/better stuff than he does.

Here's Chase, lounging in the sink.

Here's Hunter saying "What's up Mom ?"

Attached Files:

16. TransAm-98

TransAm-98

My animals spend most of the day planning sneak attacks and chasing each other around the house for hours on end. Sometimes you'll hear a noise and look back to see a cat jumping over your head and clearing the couch to cut off the other cats escape. But when they are finally tuckered out or hungry, they know who to come see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. dudel

dudel

Our Tonks, Brandi and Zoe like extended hugs. Sadie, the Nowegian Forest cat likes short hugs. Nick, not so much.

18. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

My girls old fat cat "Fatboy" loves it. Crawls up on my lap anytime my laptop is not on there. Lays right against my thigh the rest of the time. The younger rescued feral cat "Macy" likes being petted but refuses to be hugged or sit on the lap. They are both good cats though. Just different.

19. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Oldest/Biggest is a snuggler, you leave a lap still and unoccupied for more than about .0005 seconds and he's there. You can pick him up and cradle him like a baby and he's happy.

Middle cat is 100% independent. Will tolerate being picked up - for a little bit. Will sit on your lap and be petted on his terms only. And when he wants to be petted, he will give you no rest until you pet him. Do not attempt anything else for he is extremely quick and extremely well armed - think miniature black panther in temperament and build.

Youngest/smallest cat was brought in by the oldest cat before his eyes were open - he still had a piece of umbilical cord hanging off him. Bottle fed by my wife and I, sleeping in a box on top of a heating pad and frequently being snuggled/licked by the oldest cat. When he got older(though still a kitten) he would climb up my pants and up my shirt, perch on my shoulder, and rub his cheek against mine. As he got older he'd jump off nearby objects and arrive on my shoulder at approximately mach 12. Now that he's heavier, we have strongly discouraged this practice. He still rides around up there every chance he gets - he's on my lap right now.

20. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

Buster kitty who was named by my daughter when she was little is a very affectionate cat outside the home. Inside the home he is only affectionate when he decides it is time. He suckles his arm while purring quietly and enjoys being petted during this time. He reaches forward and touches your chin softly (claws in) to let you know when to start petting him again. He sleeps on my dresser and will attack anyone that walks by too closely if you do not pay attention and say hello. We refer that to him going into lion-kitty mode.

This is soon after we rescued the little bastage from the shelter...

[​IMG]