Does the world really need a McRib spotting website?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by StarShip2100, Oct 13, 2010.

1. StarShip2100

StarShip2100 Futurist

2. Mr. Gekko

Mr. Gekko

That is one of the stupidest websites I have ever visited. Wait a minute, McRib's in Phoenix? Gotta go.... :whistling:

3. PBCounty

PBCounty

I have never had one myself....but I am amazed at how many people rave about them and wish them back into service. Even the greenies who hate all things tasty and fast-food toss some compliments.

4. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

5. GotGlock1917

GotGlock1917 Lifetime Member

I decided 20 years ago that the world doesn't need a McDonalds. I haven't set foot in one since 1990 and never will again.

6. Jai9100

Jai9100

I've lived in minnesota all my life and never had a McRib. I cannot tell you how much I want to try this legend of fast food burgers.

7. chris in va

chris in va

They had the McLobster in New Hampshire when we toured back in 2000.

8. RichJ

RichJ

I would never eat some thing that has been pressed into the shape of something else. Those things look gross.

People will get stupid over them though. I don't know why.

9. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

I live in Nebraska, the original inventor (University of Nebraska) of the McRib. They learned how to press, process, configure a piece of pork that looks like a small set of ribs...Now that's SCIENCE!

10. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

As long as McDonald's keep selling sweet tea, I couldn't care less what else is on their menu. :cool:

11. spork

spork Caffeinator

Not only is the McRib a marvel of modern science, but it is an elusive creature with migratory patterns that have yet to be understood.

This webite has provided me with the knowledge I require in order to bag one of these rarities this coming weekend.

12. GotGlock1917

Now if they could just press some decent beef into the shape of a hamburger patty and make a burger that isn't garbage.

Can you tell I don't like McCrap For Food?

13. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

I agree...I'll forward your note to Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini. They get things done for the University of Nebraska! :tongueout:

14. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

When I was a kid, I worked at a McD's as a HS job(hey, got me a car, gave me money all through HS)....

The McRib's always sold extremely well, but they were best, w/o the sauce. The problem was, they took like 30min to prepare, so most McD's didn't offer them w/o sauce, but when we knew we were going on break, we could prepare us one in advance.

Good w/ sauce.. much better w/o, IMO..

IGF

15. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

i think you are missing the point of fast food lol. you get it fast and its food. you are not gonna get a good dinner in that amount of time period . its fast eats , just to tide you over til the real meal . i know for a fact nobody is gonna argue that fast food is good for you lol . but its a quick eat .

EAT THE EAT . alot of folks dont have time to fix a 5 course meal daily.

16. hpracing007

hpracing007

I love the McRib! Next time it's close by, I'm gonna get a couple and a small ice cream cone.

:supergrin:

17. goosem36

goosem36 Lifetime Member

"I'm pukin' it!"

Eat whole, natural foods for a couple months and it will make simple carbs taste like wallpaper paste.

18. captainstormy

captainstormy

You know, I don't really care that much for McD's in general. I'll stop there and get a soda every now and then when I'm driving around and thirsty (dunno why, their soft drinks always taste way better then the other fast food joints) but I rarely eat there. Usually if I eat there its because I'm starving on a road trip on some god forsaken stretch of interstate and McD's is the only thing around and/or open.

However, I love the McRib. I dunno why, but they are awesome. Obviously I know its not BBQ, or even ribs but I don't care because they are good. They had them in Columbus earlier this summer, I ate McRibs for Lunch for the first week straight. It was awesome.

I dunno, maybe its the elusiveness of them. Its not even like McD's has them at a set time every year. They show up randomly and often skip a year or two at a time. I think the commercials they were running in Columbus for them said this was the first time in like 5 years they had been here.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  19. GotGlock1917

No, I get it.
    It just seems to me that absolutely ANY fast food burger joint makes a far superior burger to McD's. I honestly can't understand how they got so popular. I'll take Back Yard Burgers, Wendy's, Sonic or BK over them any time.

One of my other peeves is Taco Bell. When I want Mexican I go to a real restaurant. To me, nothing about Mexican food says "fast". Mexican cuisine is best saved for a sit down dinner either at home or a real restaurant.

BTW, I love tacos but I make mine at home. The Bell can keep their tiny proportions of over priced swill.

20. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

SPAM on a bun.