Does Sig have a program like Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CBennett, Aug 5, 2007.

1. CBennett

CBennett

I am STRONGLY thinking about getting a 225/P6 from Gander mountain. The thing I was wondering is does Sig have a program like Glock does where you could send it into Sig to have them look at it and "update" it of "fix" anything that needs fixing? if so is it like Glocks where if its a factory update its basicaly "free"(or at least CHEAP) or is it going to cost a bunch of $$$ to get something like that done IF they even have that type of program. Thanks guys...I just dont want to get a P6/225 and have it be a totaly beat and worn out POS and be unhappy and feel ripped off for my $349.

2. crankbait11

crankbait11 DANG

Well i called sig just to inquire about interchangeable mags about a p6 before i bought one, and i was told of a few options they have. Im a little fuzzy on the prices, but they said they would refinish the slide for $99. They also have a service program for $59 in which they guy said they totally stripped it,inspected the parts,and replaced the springs and other parts that needed it and sent the old parts back with the gun. They also offered one more package same as the last one mentioned,but they would push a set of night sights on in addition for $129 total. I think i may call tomorrow to inquire on fixxing my p6 that wont feed hollow points just to see what that will cost. Hope this helps.

3. CBennett

CBennett

Yes somewhat. I just wondered how they treated customers that may not be the original owners I guess and stuff. I hate getting a gun only to find out that the "warranty" is only to the original owner OR that since its discontinued they dont "deal" with that model anymore...that would be a automatic pass on the gun type of thing.

4. crankbait11

crankbait11 DANG

Well I goofed on the price. The first package is $79. I called this morning again and you will get a sales pitch to buy one of these packages no matter what is wrong with the gun and they will recommend speer lawman ammo for carry to solve any problems also. Whenever i asked what could be done to repair the gun, i was basically told to ship it on my dime and pay the 80 bucks for the 24 dollar spring kit that you can get from topgunsupply. Thanks but no thanks. I guess i got spoiled to sending in any old glock you can get from a pawn shop and having it repaired for free no questions asked.

5. AKsRule

AKsRule

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is the listing of custom services ( with prices) :)

http://www.sigarms.com/Products/documents/2007CustomShopServicesPriceList.pdf

6. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Sounds to me as if you got your facts wrong, and you're probably better off with a Glock anyhow.

7. ace73

ace73

cb,
    i picked up a P6 from my local gander mtn....they had 5 in stock
    and let me compare and pick the one i wanted. they are heavy on
    the holster wear, but being police turn-ins, some have not been
    shot so much. that being said, i still picked up the spring kit
    from topgunsupply and replaced them. i think it's a great gun
    for $349!!