Does Glock make folding knives?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jas0n, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Jas0n

Jas0n

I've seen their field knives with the fixed blade and polymer handle... do they make something more along the lines of a pocket knife or folding tactical knife? If so... how do I acquire one? Anyone know?

2. Apps4Me

Apps4Me Senior Troll

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Yup.....none that I've ever seen. :)

:patriot:

4. thundertrap

thundertrap

I was actually thinking about this the other day.
    the answer is No...but they should, it should be one tuff SOB too!!! just like there guns!! maybe hook up with emerson or benchmade, or better yet, do it themselves.

some kinda tanto blade with the tennifer finish, the frame could be be steel lined with the polymer handles. I am thinking it would just about blow the competition away, just like there guns. koolaid anyone!!!

John

5. dougader

dougader

I actually have a Benchmade prototype (one of six made) of the AFCK folder with a Glock emblem inlaid in the side of one panel of the handle. I'm at work now or I could post a pic for you. Gaston and the boys declined. This was made in about 1996? or so... I think, and was the same approximate time that H-K catalogued their Benchmade tanto-styled knife.

6. Minuteman

Minuteman Jeff Gannon???

Spyderco Endura is the Glock of the knife world.

:patriot:

7. thundertrap

thundertrap

please do post pics, I'd love to see it! want to sell?

8. BallisticTip

BallisticTip

9. porkchop817

porkchop817

bringing back an old post, but i'm interested in this.

i've always thought that glock should make a folder...any chance we can get that picture dougader?

10. Leigh

Leigh

Not dumping on the thread BUT I've found it wise to avoid knives made by gun companies as their materials/quality tend to be "adequate" at best.

That would include Glock's offerings; a decent/inexpensive "trunk knife" but nothing I would want to depend on to get me out a bad situation. YMMV.

11. dougader

dougader

This knife is made by Benchmade. It's their AFCK liner-lock folder with a serrated blade. I was told it was one of 6 made up as a prototype for Glock, and Glock never took them up on the proposal.

I took some pics last night but my computer at work doesn't accept the old floppy disks that my Sony Mavica camera uses so I will have to try another computer at the library or something.

12. dougader

dougader

Here are the pics...

13. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

dougader, unless there is a special model number on the box label or other documentation that just looks like someone countersunk a Glock lapel pin into the G-10 handle slab.

I would expect some additional blade markings or something if Benchmade was actually prototyping a work-up model.

Nice knife regardless, but I just have my doubts as to the authenticity of the whole prototype story.

14. porkchop817

porkchop817

thank you doug.

i'm a fan of benchmade knives, too bad it didnt go any further than a prototype.

15. dougader

dougader

If you would have seen the Benchmade prototype for HK you would have said the same thing, then HK picked it up and they did indeed go with blade markings for the catalog item.

16. Spyder Teeth

Spyder Teeth Southern Gent Silver Member

MM is correct, the Spyderco Endura is the Glock of the knife world. In fact, Lone Wolf products (a GT ad banner holder) recognized this and did a collaboration with Spyderco based on the Endura. The Lone Wolf Endura has a 5/32" foldout punch for detail stripping Glock pistols. It's only available thru Lone Wolf's website and can be custom laser engraved with the owner's name on the spine. As far as an "official" Glock folder, it hasn't happened although there has been prototypes. The earlier mentioned AFCK from Benchmade is an example. The Spyderco ATR was also pitched to Gaston. He declined so Spyderco went ahead and released it without the Glock association. It's a great folder and keeps with the "very high performance with very few moving parts" ideal. It was originally available with titanium scales but now it's being produced with SS handles in black or satin finish.

17. steven andrews

steven andrews