close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does anyone own an Alessi ankle rig for the Glock #30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Vito Oliva, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Vito Oliva

Vito Oliva Millennium Member

Hello

This question is for anyone who has an Alessi ankle rig for the Glock Model #30. I'm waiting for one now for well over four months due to back order's. I'm wondering if it is worth the wait or should I cancel my order?

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Vito

Big Dawg# 2863
    Life Member of the NRA;c

2. commander

commander

I think Alessi ankle holsters are excellent. The best I've used and worth the wait.
    However, I think a G30 is a bit large for ankle carry. My G27 is plenty.
    If you have a G27 size Glock, you might want to call Lou and ask him to change your order. He may even have one in stock for that size. If not, I'd wait. If anyone can make an ankle rig that works for a G30, Lou can.

3. LDHunter

LDHunter

How about for a G36? Still too big?

$bob$

4. commander

commander

It's a lot lighter than a G30 and a little thiner than a G27 but still a bit bulky I would think. Might be worth a try.

If you order one, be patient. I doubt Lou or his distributors stock it. The G26/27/33 size is much more popular.

5. Jim Simmons

Jim Simmons

Slightly changing the topic, but why an ankle rig at all? I know it's not a place most folks would look for a concealed pistol but it seems to me to have a lot of disadvantages:

-- A very long reach;

-- Drawing requires movement that advertises it is toward a concealed pistol;

-- Drawing requires movement that's difficult in hand-to-hand;

-- Unless you are wearing bell bottoms, a strong likelihood of hanging up in the cuffs of your trousers;

-- A rig that makes running awkward, or risks throwing the pistol;

I'm not denigrating ankle rigs, I'm seriously curious why people like them.

6. okla-lawman

okla-lawman

I have allesi ankle rigs for glock 19, 26, and smith and wesson 4513.
    They all work well though the 19 is a lil large. When glock Introduced the model 30 the did it with a spokesman carrying it in
    an Alessi rig. That all said the weight of the 30 along with the thickness might not be all that practical if you are in an active enviroment. When I get the extra mmonet I may try it but the 26/27
    is almost perfect down there.

7. Phoenix_III

Phoenix_III T5-SHTFChieftan

There is NO BETTER place to draw from then ankle when down on your back. Lift leg to chest, draw, fire. Great for BUG... just great. =) (get a p32 or .380 for secure ankle carry, should not fear a run or kickboxing match)

8. digitspaw

digitspaw RIP 08/95~09/09

if I were to use my G30 in an ankle holster, I'd be dragging that leg around like a ball and chain. I would only consider it for a small 380 or .32 BUG such as Keltec P3AT or P32. You gotta be one big dude to ankle carry a G30.

9. Vito Oliva

Vito Oliva Millennium Member

Hello All

I just received my open top Ankle rig. Excellent construction. It fit my ankle perfect. I was totally impressed with how comfortable it was to carry the G30 in it. Drawing the weapon was easy. I'm not that big of a guy and let me tell you I'm so glad I waited for this baby and it was well worth the money as well.

My advise to anyone who is looking for an ankle rig, go Alessi, because you can't go wrong.

Big Dawg #2863
    Life Member of the NRA
    ;c

10. yoni

yoni

After spending my adult life in special ops in Israel, I think I have a little street smarts when it comes to staying alive.

If Iam in Israel I would never use an ankle gun for my number one gun. In Israel I always carry two guns and lots of ammo, usually a long gun plus pistol.

When I am in the USA if I am not in a high risk situation and I have to wear dress slacks and tucked in shirt I like my ankle holster.
    But never would carry only one pistol in a high risk situaion in an ankle holster.

In synagogue in the USA I carry a model 34, a model 26 with model 19 hi cap mag on my ankle. Plus 5, model 18 magazines.

Yoni

11. Blah!

Blah! Guest

where do you carry the 5 1ft+ long mags? ;g ;z

12. jcmios

jcmios

If you are lucky enough to not be on a tight budget, buy the Alessi, it is the best ankle holster made IMHO. Over the years I have acquired two, one for a Sig 239 and another for a G27.
    Very comfortable and does not shift or move around.

Should work just fine for a G30
    Jim

13. G21Pro

G21Pro Senior Member

I personally would not want to carry a G30 on my ankle. I tried it with a friends rig and just don't find it comfortable.

Where in the USA would require that someone be armed like that? I am guessing you are some sort of military or law enforcement? Okay, walking late night in a dark alley in the worst part of town. But then one shouldn't be in that situation to begin with. I get how you would want to be seriously armed in Israel, violence is literally part of daily life there.

14. DaveR120

DaveR120

I have one for my G36, but rarely use it.

It's not bad for two or three hours, but anything longer than that becomes uncomfortable.

It's a good holster, but I just think the G36 is too heavy for an ankle. I have found it works with my G26 as well, and I can carry that up to 7 or 8 hrs with it.

15. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

If the G30 was too heavy for ankle carry, I'd consider loading it with a few less rounds. If you think the G36 suffices, then 6+1 should also be enough out of a G30.

Where can I look at an Alessi ankle rig? I can't find any online sources. Thanks