Glock Talk banner

Does anyone make a Single shot 7.62X39

6340 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  mac66
Does any company out there make a break action single shot rifle that shoots the 7.62x39???
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Formerly retired EE.
18,454 Posts
Does any company out there make a break action single shot rifle that shoots the 7.62x39???
Rossi and NEF both made one.

Surplus 7.62x39 typically has hard primers and I have heard of problems with light strikes with the NEF.

If it was me, I would get an NEF in .300 BLK. This comes from the factory with a threaded barrel and subsonic .300 BLK suppresses extremely well with break action single shot rifles (almost Hollywood quiet).

http://www.impactguns.com/aac-hr-handirifle300-blk-102602-736008724302.aspx

Reactions: Atomic Punk

· Huge Member
12,376 Posts
I didn't think NEF is making single shots anymore.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
T/C has had them before.

wp

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool. Thanks for the replies. I wish somebody would re introduce one of these rifles.

I just want one to play around with. I have a ton of AK and SKS ammo sitting around. Some good soft nose rounds and hollow points to boot.

I think a little break action would make an outstanding deer rifle just for kicks on some days. Just throw a handful of rounds in the pocket , grab the rifle and go.

I just like the extreme simplicity of the break action design. Their just plain fun. Plus single shots makes one appreciate each and every round fired IMO. Which is taken for granted sometimes with the 7.62 with all the fast firing semi autos out there. :).

· Huge Member
12,376 Posts
Ok cool. Thanks for the replies. I wish somebody would re introduce one of these rifles.

I just want one to play around with. I have a ton of AK and SKS ammo sitting around. Some good soft nose rounds and hollow points to boot.

I think a little break action would make an outstanding deer rifle just for kicks on some days. Just throw a handful of rounds in the pocket , grab the rifle and go.

I just like the extreme simplicity of the break action design. Their just plain fun. Plus single shots makes one appreciate each and every round fired IMO. Which is taken for granted sometimes with the 7.62 with all the fast firing semi autos out there. :).
While I don't believe the Handy Rifle made by NEF/H&R is made anymore there are millions of them out there and they did make barrels in 7.63x39. Pick up any Handy Rifle then start looking at Ebay for a barrel. They are not hard to fit barrels to them. I have one I fitted a 30-30 bbl to. Easy, simple, lightweight. I do occasionally hunt with it.

BTW, Rossi made their single in x39 as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.