close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Does anyone know if OMBexpress.com ships to civilians?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Houndstooth, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Houndstooth

Houndstooth 2+2= 3rd and 6

A friend and I are going to order some things this weekend. They seem to have the best prices on what we are looking for. It is a "Police Supply" site, though. Have any fellow-civilians ever ordered from them? Thanks in advance.

2. Grimsi

Grimsi Restored member

COPS ARE CIVILIANS! Geeze!

Unless person is active or reserve military,

t-h-e-y a-r-e c-i-v-i-l-i-a-n-s!

And if you think not then PROOVE IT!

Cite the act of congress that militarized ALL police.

3. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Valid point but most LEOs consider the "norms" civilians and themselves something more. ??? Go figure? :headscratch:

4. Houndstooth

Houndstooth 2+2= 3rd and 6

I am an associate member of the local FOP, and most of the LEOs in my lodge call us civilians. If my wording offended you...maybe you need some thicker skin.

In case anybody was wondering, they do sell to non-LEOs.

5. poison7fl

poison7fl

6. glock2619

glock2619 Work in Progres

I'm going to put an order in with them ASAP for replacement parts. I was thinking of ordering some mags too. Their website has a disclaimer that some of their mags may be LEO marked(not those exact words, but close). I would prefer not to have this. Has anyone ordered mags from them lately and were they LEO marked? Thanks.

7. captyg76

captyg76 Member

I have purchased a bunch of mags from them and never got any LEO marked mags. I made sure to put a note that LEO mags would not be acceptable in the remarks block in the online ordering form.

Very happy with my multiple orders from this company.

And yes, they ship to civilians. I have about $600 in spare parts purchases from them.

8. txrangemaster

txrangemaster

OMB is a great company to deal with, good products and cust sevice. Our rep is Dick Jenson here in Texas lee know iyou need his number.

9. TenMillimeter

TenMillimeter

I've been very pleased with their rock bottom prices, customer service and fast shipping.

However, they seem to have difficulty keeping items in stock. I ordered a set of most of the little parts (springs, ejectors, etc.) for my G29 and G23, and they ended up sending me the stuff in about 6 separate shipments over about a month.

I recently canceled my 3 week backordered G29 mags with OMB, and picked up a couple on eBay, though I paid a couple of bucks more for them.

10. danja75

danja75

To glock2619:

I've ordered from there and they don't have leo on them!

11. glock2619

glock2619 Work in Progres

I put in an order for a bunch of misc parts-not because they wear out, but because the one time they do break or I loose a pin... Plus, they are so cheap-gotta love Glock. I also ordered a couple G18 mags and Glock field knife. Why? I don't know. Just seemed like the thing to do. Based on the replies, I think I will order my mags from them. Hope they have 17's, 19's, and 21's. Probably a few 26's too. Thanks for the input.

12. pal2511

pal2511

I do NOT reccomend OMB police supply. I ordered a Streamllight Stinger LED flashlight. It worked for a day then broke. The light would not turn off by hitting the button and I folled with taking the battery out, checking spring on tail cap and so on. So I ended up driving down to the lenexa location which is about hour and 20 minutes away to return it. I hand it to the man after being ignored for short period at the counter and told him the problem. He opened the box up and dropped the battery out of the flashlight because I had the tailcap off. I reminded him that the light did not turn off and he seemed annoyed. He put it together could not get it to turn off either and stated "ya your right". Of course I'm right. I'm a cop but I even know how to run a flashlight. Then they had the nerves of telling me about 30% of the streamlights are returned because of the switch. Shouldnt they have told m ethat when I ordered it? After all that grief they didnt refund my shipping. I will try my best not to order anything else from them. Its not their fault the flashlight was broke but they should have said something when I bought it that a lot of the lights are being returned.