Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a google search and I got a fairly crappy tutorial.

Does anyone have a website that I can check out? I have been kicking around the idea for selling off my Glock for some time. I figure some new NS would be enough motivation to keep it for a little whole longer.

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
search youtube you'll find what you're looking for depending on what brand you want.

:supergrin:

·
****** Viejo
29,217 Posts
beefums,I can't help you with the tutorial but I will suggest just having the local Glock dealer install a new set for you.I never wanted to buy the tools to do it right so when I get a new Glock I just get the armorer to install the sights.Our local Police supply is the Glock jobber here and they last set was $80.00 installed for Trijicons.YMMV.tom.

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beefums,I can't help you with the tutorial but I will suggest just having the local Glock dealer install a new set for you.I never wanted to buy the tools to do it right so when I get a new Glock I just get the armorer to install the sights.Our local Police supply is the Glock jobber here and they last set was $80.00 installed for Trijicons.YMMV.tom.
I am assuming that you're a cop because of your user name. To get sights installed around here is about $125-160 unless I want to wait until a gun show. The fact is I rather just install them now and get it over with.

With that said, XS just got a customer. Their sights look great and they come with installation kits.

·
****** Viejo
29,217 Posts
I am assuming that you're a cop because of your user name. To get sights installed around here is about $125-160 unless I want to wait until a gun show. The fact is I rather just install them now and get it over with.

With that said, XS just got a customer. Their sights look great and they come with installation kits.
That sounds like a deal XS has,especially with the installation tools/kit.I didn't realize the sights cost that much down in Fla.Good luck.tom.:cool:

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds like a deal XS has,especially with the installation tools/kit.I didn't realize the sights cost that much down in Fla.Good luck.tom.:cool:
Thanks! I need it. People down here would sell their children if they could get a buck out of it. Oh wait, they do do that!

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
The xs sights come with an installation tool? Sweet.

·
NRA Member
1,115 Posts
I have installed several sets of sights myself; both meprolight and dawson/heinie. It wasn't as hard as you might think. The Glock front sight can be pulled out very easy with a pair of pliers. The rear is simple to tap out using the same method detailed below for installation.

I used a spark plug file and removed a bit at a time from the bottom/edges of the new rear sight until I could get it about of the third of the way in to the rear dovetail. It's easy to see where the burrs etc... are that are sticking in the dovetail grooves.

Next, I grabbed a large C-clamp >>>>>

that I use for pushing in the brake calipers on my truck when I change brake pads. I put a piece of sticky felt on the end that would be contacting the gun and then clamped the slide to my picnic table in the back yard (not too tight, you don't want to damage anything). Then I greased up the grooves really well with some Rig (grease). Then, I used a wooden dowel pin, about three inches long, and a hammer to tap the rear in to place and align (I eye balled the alignment and got a second opinion from my wife). A rear sight pusher would probably be faster, but this was simple, worked well, and saved me a $100. The sights work great and are dead on.

The front is a lot easier. Just use some acetone to clean up the area around where the front sight goes. When it's dry, use some red loc-tite on the threads and screw it down (not too tight).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts