Does Anyone Else Besides Me Own A sticky Holster?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jamaal, Jul 20, 2019.

1. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Actually, I have (had) several. I told them I was an NRA/State instructor and Mike sent me several to try.

I had the same problem. Not really "more times than not" but often enough to make it unsuitable for carry.

I (sort of) solved the problem by trimming away the material on the "outside" of the holster, and some on the "inside", that was interacting with my grip/finger index.

I met with them at the NRA show and suggested Right/Left hand models and/or a clip (like a utiliclip). They just blew me off - and said "you need to change the way you draw" - them turned around an walked off.

I went to Remora and ordered a holster with a Utiliclip. It has worked well.

I also have an Urban Carry pancake OWB that is my choice for security carry (under a sport coat).

Jamaal and AdamRodgers like this.
  2. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers Kilt in Da Streetz since 1999

I have aftermarket night sights on my LC9 and LC9s and have noticed the dang sights catching the the top, inside of the holster and wanting to drag it out on the draw. I took 3 9mm cleaning patches and folded them over once and stuck em down into the nose of the holster.

It moved the position of the pistol just enough to stop the snagging. :cheers:

3. VIS07

VIS07 Never, never, never give up.

I have a remora. I always feel a little strange wearing it but it works.

4. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

I have two. One for my G43 and another for my G26. The only catch is that I won't carry with them unless I'm using a kydex trigger guard cover.

5. Preyhunter

Preyhunter Huckleberry

Have two, one for the 43 and one for the 26. Carry the 43 in it all the time.

6. jnichols2

jnichols2

That's actually a "positive", not a "negative".
    It forces you to use both hands and "eyes on" when you reholster.

7. IowaLefty

IowaLefty

For this type of holster, I prefer the Remora brand, but like this style and have them for most of the pistols I own.

Jamaal and AdamRodgers like this.
  8. BillG174

BillG174

I have Sticky holsters for my Glock 17, 30, 48 and S&W M&P 22 Compact. I use them for storage in my small gun safe in my master bedroom closet and to transport them to the range. If I run to the grocery store a mile away I sometimes use the Sticky. I also have a Sticky single mag pouch sleeve which works very well.

For Glock EDC I have 3 Nate Squared Professional holsters which I highly recommend.

9. GlockyQ

GlockyQ

I’ve got one for my Kahr PM9. It works fine as a pocket holster and I like it for that purpose. But I will never use it for IWB carry simply because it is not secure. For IWB carry, I only use a proper leather or kydex holster with a reliable belt loop(s).

AdamRodgers likes this.
  10. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

SCC and jp 19 like this.
  11. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

My wife and I each have Remora holsters for P238s. I use mine primarily as a pocket holster, but I have used it IWB once in a while and was surprised at how well it stayed. My wife has used hers IWB quite extensively with no problems. I haven't tried them with heavier guns, though.

A little tip we learned: When they start to lose their grip, scrub them hard with an old toothbrush and some dish soap, then rinse thoroughly and let them dry. Brings my wife's right back to new. I believe that skin oils and cells clog the sticky and you are just scrubbing out the accumulation by doing that.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  12. Jamaal

Jamaal Sensai Pew Pew (Master of TRIGGERTHAICHI)

It’s perfect for a car holster in my eyes.

13. 1canvas

1canvas

I have a Remora for every handgun and I carry IWB appendix and have been using them for years and carry in them every day.They stay put even with sweats and shorts. Funny thing is when they first came out I said I would never trust them and just bought them to keep loaded guns in around the house.

14. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

pocket carry a G26 and a p365 in a remora sticky holster

15. jp 19

jp 19

My results with Remora. I carry exclusively IWB. It seems to work well with a small gun ie my Lc9s stays in place but never easy to draw. With my XDs 45 it seems to work itself up out of my waist band I have caught it several times just before it fell to the floor ... in short I do not use them except for storing in my glove box for short intervals. Every thing in the Video above seemed spot on to me. I would never recommend either.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    AdamRodgers likes this.
  16. myglockisa23

myglockisa23 Silver Member

I have Remoras for my 26 and 43.... they work for me... I also have leather and kydex too....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019