Does any carry the Glock 23?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Easton512, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Easton512

Easton512

I plan i buying the glock23 and carrying it. Any thought?

Thanks.

2. Rustin

Rustin

Should have posted this in General Glocking, perhaps you would get more responses. Yes, many people carry the G23. I personally stick with 9mm, and if you're new to handguns, I would strongly advise you to go the 9mm route.I'm not trying to start another caliber debate. .40 has more recoil, and offers no distinct advantage in ballistics over the 9mm. YMMV If your going to buy a new gun, make sure it can shoot before you start carrying it. Glock's are usually good to go out of the box but it would be wise to put AT LEAST 100 fmj target rounds through and about a box of your chosen hollowpoint carry ammunition through before you trust your life to it.

3. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

Carry GLOCK23 very nice!! Sexy time yes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

I think "no."

5. zackwatt

zackwatt That's a Bingo! Lifetime Member

I am probably the only person on the world who does not like the 23's grip. The in between size just doesn't feel right to me. I prefer the 22 or the 27...that's why I have both.

IMO, You can't go wrong with a .40 Glock!

6. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

This after you slammed the 23's grip, essentially confessing that one could indeed go wrong.

7. zackwatt

I just don't prefer it, but I wouldn't tell someone else not to get it. I am pretty much the only one who doesn't think it's the "perfect" size.

8. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

No, you're right, the 23 sucks.

9. zackwatt

Haha, I guess I'm not alone anymore! :rofl:

10. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

Own and carry the G26, G19, G23, G30SF. No, not all at the same time. :supergrin:

G23 is carried in a Don Hume "JIT Slide" and I carry Federal HST 165 gr JHP.
    Spare magazine is in my left hip pocket, IF I carry one.
    (When I carry, I'm not trying to start WWIII.)

11. Easton512

Easton512

Thanks, I own a few pistols already just ready for another one. Held the 23 and like the egros of it. Just was wondering.

12. 257 roberts

257 roberts

yes,also a 26,19,30,S&W M&P 40c, S&W 642,Colt Officer 45acp and a Colt Gov. 45acp not at the same time,like the 26 the best for CCW

13. camaro_dave

camaro_dave

I used to carry a 23 a lot. Got replaced with a 32. I liked the compact size glocks the best. Can't go wrong with it. I choose to carry a sig now though.

14. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

The G23 is one of my two carry pistols. Its accurate, reliable, and the size is fine for carry. My fingers don't fit the finger grooves. This weekend I'm going to dremel/sand/polish the area of the trigger guard just above my fingers so it will fit my hand better with a higher grip.

I have two holsters for it, a CBST, and a Remora. I use the Remora most of the time.

15. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

My EDC is a Glock 23C. I carried a 1911 for 20 years so the 23 was downsizing. I own a 26 but like the 23's additional firepower.

16. WASR10

WASR10

I carry a 23 when not at home.

17. chaplain 31

chaplain 31

I carry a G23 every day. It is also my competition pistol for IDPA. I own, have looked at and shot many different caliber and manufacturers pistols. I have not found one I would replace my G23 with.

18. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

My edc is a 23C. Unlikely I'll ever carry anything else!

Bought a LWD 40-9 barrel to use at the range, and it's easily paid for itself in savings on ammo. I get lots of practice, then carry .40 hollow points for sd.

I have huge hands, so added Talon rubber grips (highly recomended) and Pearce extensions to my mags. The weapon fits my paws perfectly, has never missed a beat firing 9mm or .40 s&w. Can't say enough good about it for EDC.

There's lots of people who'll tell you to carry 9mm. There's lots of people who'll tell you 9mm is a lousy sd round. Doubt that controversy will ever be settled. I'm comfortable knowing that, unlikely as it is, if I ever have to shoot to defend, I shoot my gun well, and .40 s&w will make a big "impression" on the recipient.

19. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

I don't favor the 40. I understand that it has slightly better ballistic potential than 9, but cost, recoil, and capacity keep me in the 9 camp.

More towards the original topic, I do carry a 19, which is identical to the 23 other than its chambering (and subsequent capacity). If your day involves being upright, the 23 will be pleasant to carry. I am currently in the market for something smaller, because my day often involves bending over, squatting, crawling, climbing ladders, and basically every other activity you can think of that causes the grip to stick out and reveal my gun to coworkers, bystanders and customers.

If you don't have kids to bend over and pick up, and don't have a job that requires you to be a contortionist, the 23 will be nothing short of a perfect carry gun.

20. brtarr

brtarr

I carry a 23 in the winter and the 27 in the summer