Does antone have anything bad to say about the Glock 30?!?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BlindBoyJoe, May 31, 2002.

1. denfoote

denfoote MENACE

The only thing I have bad to say about the G30 is that it doesn't fit my hand. It's to fat for me!! The G36 fits my hand better. That is the only reason I traded my G30 away for it. Other than that, it's a great gun!!!!

2. jpatmac

jpatmac

BlindBoy -

Get one. Just get one. I'll make a guarantee for you - if you are not 100% satisfied - for any reason - you can give it to me and I'll keep it. :)

Seriously, you'll love it. Does it kick? Yeah, but not so bad. Like any large caliber, it'll take a little getting used to, but if you're gonna carry for self defense you should be practicing with it anyway, silly. With practice, you'll tame this puppy in no time.

Now, I don't know about killing Mountain lions or bears. I don't really know WHAT you'd carry to protect against bears, but I'd think you'd want more penetration than any .45 can offer. My guess is that a hit to the head would just give the bear a really bad headache for a while.

I also can't imagine making a clean headshot while I have a friggin' BEAR charging at me!!!!!! Yikes!

Honestly, I really feel you can't go wrong with a Glock 30. The only thing you might not like is the grip. I personally like it. I have big hands, so both the 30 and the 36 feel good to me.

Oh, and one other thing - glocks are NOT ugly! They're beautiful in a utilitarian sorta way.

It's like women, actually. Sure, there are the lookers who are shallow and unreliable. But the woman who's good-looking (but not a super model), smart, funny, loves to shoot, etc. - THAT'S the woman who'll grow more beautiful in your eyes every day! And so it is with the Glock 30.

Keep your "nickel plated sissy pistol" and make mine a Glock, please.

jpatmac

3. highcap

highcap

What I don't like about the G30:
    1. It's big, at least compared to a 26/27, and so it's a bit harder to conceal. This is especially true with a 10rd mag.
    2. Ammo is expensive. 100 rds of 9mm runs $10 at Wal-Mart, 100 rds of .45 runs $20.
    3. The short barrel makes 230gr JHP loads impractical because they don't get enough velocity to expand reliably (or so I've been told).

With that said, I've put 500 rounds through my 30 in the 2 weeks I've owned it and out of every gun I've ever shot this is by far my favorite. This is one of the lowest priced .45's on the market (cheap knock off 1911's don't count since I wouldn't stake my life on one), it's very accurate and remarkably reliable, what more could you ask for?

4. Rangeboy511

Rangeboy511 Millennium Member

Worst thing I can say about the Glock 30 is that my department wont let me carry one!

5. jpatmac

jpatmac

Yeah, what highcap said. Ammo's more expensive. That sorta sucks.

Then again, if EVERYONE gets a 30, then maybe more peeps will buy 45 ammo, then maybe they'll make a ton more, then maybe the cost will come down.

Just some wishful thinking...

jpatmac

6. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

One bad thing is not all guns are this much fun to shoot!

Jack

7. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

I didn't know there was a market to sell ammo to marshmallow creatures...

Jack

8. Gwinnydapooh

Gwinnydapooh Millennium Member

Other than buying FMJ slugs instead of cheap cast lead, I have no complaints. But I traded for mine slightly used with Heinie Straight Eight night sights, which addressed one of the two things I dislike about Glocks in general. At the BRC, JP Precision quoted me a price of $80 for a truly sweet trigger job they do--$95 for the competition version which they freely told me I don't need. That will address the only other thing I don't like about Glocks in general.

There is nothing wrong with the 30 in particular. For me, the grip is more comfortable than the 36. I also started with a SIG 220 and added a G30 later, but I think the SIG is easy to clean and so is the Glock. If I had to choose I'd say the Glock is more difficult because I still have a bit of a hard time getting the slide off. The SIG takedown is foolproof.

9. Polo

Polo Brave Babushka Millennium Member

@ 75 yds w/G30: 5 shots all COM (1 X-ring; 3 in 9-ring; 1 in 8-ring)----Unfriggin'believable for an under 4" barreled pistol! ;P ;a

10. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Sorry,You should have bought a 36!:)