Does antone have anything bad to say about the Glock 30?!?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BlindBoyJoe, May 31, 2002.

1. BlindBoyJoe

BlindBoyJoe

I have read thread after thread after thread praising the glock 30. I am looking to purchase a small .45 for out door activities such as backpacking. As soon as I got this idea in my head, I thought that I would check out Glock Talk and see what people are saying about the Glock 30. I am blown away by all the positive responses. It sounds like a kick ass gun to me but I have some questions. Is it as hard to clean as my sig 220 (the barrel is a pain to clean), does it kick bad, and is it easy to rapid fire (in case I come across a moutain kitty or bear). Any info is appreciated!!
    P.S. I don't know who is going around saying glocks are ugly. It seems that the people who don't like glocks are the people who are complaining about there looks, not there performance. For the record I think that glocks look, feel, and shoot like a badass weapon should! Thanks for letting me vent!!;t

2. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I had one at one time. The only thing I can say that comes close to bad is that it is like holding a brick. I have good size hands so it wasn't too bad, but it is still like a brick in your hand.
    I still have my 29, feels the same way but I kept it because of the 10MM.

I have had and still do have a number of Glocks. Carry 1 everyday, on and off duty. Think they are great for what they are intended for, a combat weapon.
    BUT, they ARE butt ugly!;B

3. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Glocks imho are the easiest semiautos to clean of all. They field strip in nothing flat and can be totally dissassembled in minutes. To me it kicks more than a 9mm but less than a .40 or .357 sig which makes rapid fire pretty easy with some practice. The recoil is also a factor of what type of ammo you are using as +P loads will have noticably more kick. If you may have to shoot a bear I'd recommend carrying the G30 loaded with standard fmj hardball for better penetration.

4. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

Clean it? We're supposed to clean it? ;f

Glocks are the easiest pistols to clean. The barrel isn't a problem if you don't use any lead. I use a boresnake to do this.

The G30 is easier to shoot than the G21, probably because the 2-stage spring soaks up the recoil quite well. The only negative thing I can say about the G30 is that it is a little bulky to conceal as effectively as the G27. That and it is a little in the heavy side as well.

But I do carry the G30 on a daily basis in a Sidearmor IWB holster.

5. lwt210

lwt210

Sure, I have a complaint about mine. It didn't come with a life time supply of ammo.

Other than that, it's on me or near me twenty four/ seven. Easy to clean, light recoil, good capacity, big cartridge, hard to rust, reliable, blah blah blah. If you find it too thick, get the 36.

6. SkippyThe

SkippyThe

I love the G30. Everything on this gun is easy. Even falling in love with it. ST

7. PieceBwithU

PieceBwithU

I have a complaint about the 30 and it's I only have one of them!!!;g

8. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

The only problem I seem to have with my G30 is getting it out of my hand.

9. DAVEKO

DAVEKO Deceased Millennium Member

What could be better? Amen and ditto to PieceBwithU, ;f In time, I will have to get one for my right hand.. ;f Two G30's bearing down on a target at the same time....talkin about spare parts, using the same ammo, and interchangeable mags...he,he,he,..... ;c Of course, I ain't reallllly figggggured out how I am gona do a tac or speed reload with two yet - Rome was not built in a day........ ;f (maybe I'll have to throw one in a holster when it's empty and tac with just one.) or, drop down under cover - hold one between my checks ;g , no that ain't no good, ;P film at 11:00, maybe I'll just stick to one at a time after all..... ;f ;f ;f ;f I can still buy two and take them out for a walk at the range, don't want one to get jealous..... ;c

10. Bildungsroman

Bildungsroman Madberater

11. Boris49

Boris49 Soot Shooter

The only thing bad about the G30 is not owning one. I've got alot of time behind the sights of many a semi-auto, but for the price and the ability to put the barrel on target when under stress, you can't do much better, except maybe a different flavor of Glock.

The G30 is a little heavier because of heavier grain bullets. The G29 is another fine gun. And the G26 and 27 have alot of fine points. And, if you don't believe me and the few thousand other folks on this fine web site, ask Tommy Lee Jones............;m

12. kshutt

kshutt

I just finished running 200 rounds through mine a few hours ago. I am still amazed at how well the G30 handles recoil, and how accurate it is!

If I had to pick one thing that I don't like about a stock G30, it has to be the BATF grooved trigger! Since I installed the smooth-faced G21 trigger, I can tell quite a difference in comfort while shooting! What a great little gun...:cool:

13. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

THE ONLY BAD THING IS I CANT AFFORD TWO OF THEM.

14. SchH3

SchH3 I'm a member

My honest opinion while risking being flamed is the gun is far over rated.
    -The mags are ill handling.
    -It's really a 9 round gun.
    -Has issues with alot of different ammo.
    -Far to FAT without reason. Hard to carry IWB comfortably.
    -Grip feels like a 2x4 for alot of folks.

It is an awesome shooting gun and is very accurate.

Flame suit activated. Have a nice day.;f

15. Jtemple

Jtemple Geek

The only thing bad about a G30 is that I don't have one. :(

I guarantee you that I'll be getting one just as soon as I move to a CCW state. :)

16. Dave T

Dave T

Although the G30 and G36 are my daily carry guns I do have a complaint that applies to both of them. I really don't like the two fingered grip, relying on the thick magazine base pad as a place for the little finger. I would much prefer a full three finger grip, ala G19, G23,& G32.

17. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

I have a Glock 21, 30, 36, and just recently purchased 27. The only problem I have is like everyone else- "Which one do I Take today?".I have owned every gun made, or so it seems, Les Baers, Wilsons, H&K, Colts, Berettas, Sigs, etc..... Well anyway.....When I go out it's usually with the 30, 36, or 27 on my belt. I have put Pearce Grip extensions on all three because I have very large hands. They all shoot and handle great. Now what are you waiting for?

18. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE

19. yatyas

yatyas

YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED! The only problem I have with my G-30 is that it almost never misses it's target. The only fault is the shooter. It feels great on my hip.

20. specop

specop

The next time you walk into the Valley of Darkness, fear no evil since you have your G-30 by your side. I carry my G30 everday in plainclothes. Awesome weapon! It is a bit on the heavy side and slightly thick..but I prefer it that way. The weight is not egregious and it allows me to hold on target...the width of the grip allows me to keep a firm purchase of the weapon. Deadly accurate, reliable, easy to clean and menacing. What more can you ask for?