GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Semper Fidelis
4,279 Posts
I can see the avoiding getting sued thing. I had a colonoscopy and a simultaneous endoscopy last year because I had some digestive issues following severe food poisoning. Well, they found a little benign something and so now I have to go back in 5 years AND my sister has to get tested. (Parents already have.) I am nowhere near 50 and my sister is even younger. She studiously avoids anything having to do with the subject because she doesn't want to get it done. Can't say I blame her.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The overuse of diagnostics is a direct result of malpractice lawsuits.

Once again, nearly every societal ill can be traced back to lawyers.
Won't be a popular thing to say on a gun forum, but lawyers are just like guns. People decide to file suit and they use lawyers as the tool to do it. A lawyer represents the client's interests, not their own. In fact, in modern law school classes suit avoidance and alternative dispute resolution are heavily emphasized.

So I guess...lawyers don't sue people, people sue people? :D

Never forget that it was a lawyer who won Heller for us. Got to meet Mr. Gura a few weeks ago. Nice guy. :)

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
I disagree with the PAP screens under 21.

Its a marker of high risk behavior too.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
He's got your approval. We're all sooo relieved.

:rofl:
Are you insane, or just illiterate? Do they not say "you're fine" wherever you're from?

The man thought I was informing him that he'd posted a duplicate thread, and I replied that I meant something else.

I literally just a few seconds ago posted this on the same thread in another forum:
Oh, the same story? I searched but nothing showed up. Maybe the mods can delete this one.
Another forum that's not GT, you're fine
Looks perfectly normal to me. You see, here in America, "you're fine" means the same thing as "no problem" or "it's all good." It's just something we say.

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts
Are you insane, or just illiterate? Do they not say "you're fine" wherever you're from?

The man thought I was informing him that he'd posted a duplicate thread, and I replied that I meant something else.

Looks perfectly normal to me. You see, here in America, "you're fine" means the same thing as "no problem" or "it's all good." It's just something we say.
Dont wory about teumessian_fox, I cant figure out if he hates everthing or just most everything. He is such a pleasant fellow.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Dont wory about teumessian_fox, I cant figure out if he hates everthing or just most everything. He is such a pleasant fellow.

Nah, I love everybody. I just have zero tolerance for pretentious and pompous people.

(Are your ears burning?)

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts
Nah, I love everybody. I just have zero tolerance for pretentious and pompous people.

(Are your ears burning?)

I cant hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Not too many years ago, I was a used car salesman who had flunked out of college. Since then I've done a few things, but none of them have made me pretentious.

I posted this just yesterday:

czsmithGT said:
This kind of proves you are an ahole. An educated high iQ ahole to be sure.
devildog2067 said:
Hell, you didn't need me to prove it to you, I would've told you if you'd asked. It's not like it's a secret.
I know who I am. I may be an opinionated a-hole, but I have no illusions about being better than anyone else.

·
Where's my EBT?
6,711 Posts
OK kiddies, let's all take a deep breath. Recess is over, and it's time to get back to talking about adult stuff like doctors and insurance companies who tell doctors what to do.

·
NRA-GOA-TSRA
2,219 Posts
The no pap thing under 21 is already in effect. Makes a lot of sense. HPV related dysplasia and cancer is a very slow growing process and many many young women can clear the infection. They are advocating going to a 5 year cycle for women with a negative pap. These measures will drastically decrease costs and for guys like me, cost money (lost revenue).

If folks can accept a slightly greater risk of a bad outcome we can trim a massive amount from costs of medicine. We are well past the point of diminishing returns per dollar spent. Fortunately evidence based medicine seems to be beating lawsuits so we are seeing progress in not just being knee-jerk reactionarys and CYA practicioners. The dowsnside is that we spend more time documenting everything we do than actually doing what we are paid to do :)

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
The no pap thing under 21 is already in effect. Makes a lot of sense. HPV related dysplasia and cancer is a very slow growing process and many many young women can clear the infection. They are advocating going to a 5 year cycle for women with a negative pap. These measures will drastically decrease costs and for guys like me, cost money (lost revenue).

If folks can accept a slightly greater risk of a bad outcome we can trim a massive amount from costs of medicine. We are well past the point of diminishing returns per dollar spent. Fortunately evidence based medicine seems to be beating lawsuits so we are seeing progress in not just being knee-jerk reactionarys and CYA practicioners. The dowsnside is that we spend more time documenting everything we do than actually doing what we are paid to do :)
Jason, what do you do?

·
Numpty
9,706 Posts
I thought I awoke briefly during my c-scope......... and I was a little uncomfortable with the smiles on everyone's faces. ???

I was awake during my last one, just enough drugs on board to ease the discomfort. I needed to change positions a couple of times and was able to watch the whole thing on the monitor, it was neat.

The only bad thing was, I told the hawt redheaded nurse, what I would like to do with her :embarassed:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well that and the fact that so many clinics have purchased equipment that they need to pay off.
I think these are two reasons for 50% of the unnecessary spending.
Patients demanding tests and treatments without a good understanding of the health and cost considerations is another.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Another forum that's not GT, you're fine
There are other forums? Someone told me there are other sub forums on GT besides this one once. Hahahahaha

21 - 40 of 53 Posts