Glock Talk banner

Do you wish Glock would...

1905 Views 37 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  John Biltz
Do a limited run of Gen 2 gun? Or guns with a Gen 4 grip texture, no finger groves, and no rail?
Do a limited run of Gen 2 gun? Or guns with a Gen 4 grip texture, no finger groves, and no rail?
See more
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
15,399 Posts
Get rid of the BTF, fragile finish and they can put MORE rails and grooves if they want.

· Registered
3,968 Posts
God, no! Hated the gen2 grip. The gen3 and gen4 finger grooves fit me so well that I don't notice them. Like the "frying pan" finish, but have had no issues with the new, so called, "delicate" finish. The rail is where I hang a light.

Some folks complain until they get a change and then complain about the change.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I am partial to the third generation versions myself.

· Registered
6,864 Posts
I never had an interest in Glocks until Gen 4. I have several now. The only change I would want to see, like many, is the return of the "Teflon" finish. A little more than half of mine have it. Other than the finish, I like them just as they are.

· Registered
2,206 Posts
single stack 40. 2 of my 3 Gen4's I had Cerakoted factory finish on both sucked. Frying pan finish on the other one.

· Registered
170 Posts
Return to the previous late 90's-early 2000's Gen 3 extractor design and away from the newer Gen 4 extractors
Return to the late 90s-early 2000s Gen 3 extractor and away from the newer Gen 4 extractor that has caused so many previously unknown issues. If it wasn't broke in the first place, it shouldn't have been "fixed."

· Registered
2,798 Posts
as long as we're making a wish list, how bout a full size grip frame ala G17 with a sub compact slide ala G26.

sig357fan

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Highly unlikely that Glock would go back do something they already did. Designs are always evolving. I can wish and hope though that the finger grooves would go away. I personally don't like it but I deal with it.

· Registered
95 Posts
I like my gen4 grip, but I think if you really wanted - you could get some custom work done to shave the grooves and add custom stippling. Of course, that's gonna cost more than just buying a factory gun, but it's an option if you absolutely can't stand the grooves. They never bothered me though. Also wouldn't want to get rid of the rail - I may add a streamlight at some point.

· G19, G26
95 Posts
Not that I'm saying this is a sign of any kind but I tweeted Glock Inc that very wish for a finger groove-less gen 4 frame. They favorited the tweet. Again, not saying it means anything but it at least makes me feel like they heard what I had to say...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.