Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Renaissance wax at work after French polishing antiques and I am aware that it is useful on many surfaces.
So, I began to wonder if anyone waxes their Glocks?

· A swamp dude
12,585 Posts
I use Renaissance wax at work after French polishing antiques and I am aware that it is useful on many surfaces.
I have done it Festus, on a G19 several years back. I started using Renaissance Wax on a few Marlin rifles to experiment with its protective qualities on wood and blued steel. Renaissance is used by the Smithsonian, the NRA Museum and other museums around the world to protect antiquities of great value, so its quality is unquestionable.

I put several coats of wax on my G19 slide exterior. It gave the slide a faint luster, and I have no regrets. Renaissance isn't needed for rust or corrosion protection of a Glock, but it is highly recommended for blued guns with wood stocks; it works on the steel and the wood.

Reactions: SRS

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
OK, I had my fun, and on a serious note, if the wax dries clear, I can't see where it would be a problem. It would resist water and dust without having an oily feel, and Glocks are already fairly rust resistant. I'd say go for it if you want. FWIW, if you want a waxed slide, there are several waxes that are black and dry black, so even if you left a little on, it won't show. Sounds like a lot of work, though, when a quick wipe of oil will do the trick.

· Registered
99 Posts
This list is becoming more filled with weirdos as the days go by. Last week a guy wants to file down his slide lock to make his mags easier to insert....then a guy has dreams about lubing his glock correctly and now a guy wants to know who waxes his!! These people should not have guns, you're morons !!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.