close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you walk barefoot in hotel/motel rooms?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Zell, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Apparently a lot of folks do not -- I don't. Heaven only knows what little critters are lurking in and on the carpet from human and animal body fluids/wastes, or whatever :wow: -- so I wear slippers or socks when I walk around in my hotel room.

Also, if you're a Germaphobe, what other precautions do you take when staying in a hotel/motel?

2. Viper16

Viper16

I do. Haven't had any issues...

3. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Not in a million years. I normally bring a brand new can of lysol and use the whole thing in the room on all surfaces I plan on touching and leave for a couple of hourse to let it air out. I also bring flip flops for the shower (and I don't consider myself a germaphobe but I've watched those 20/20 shows.)

4. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I try to stay in places that care about their reputation. I have no "special restrictions" on how I behave in a hotel room versus my own home.

5. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

I don't stay in hotels or motels where cleanliness is an issue. I've only had to leave one establishment because the room wasn't sanitary, and I received an apology from the regional manager of the chain because of it.

If I can't walk barefoot in the room, or take a nice hot bath in the bathroom, I don't stay there, period.

6. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

I dont worry about germs for the most part in day to day life. Giving your immune system a little workout every now and then cant be too bad for it IMO.

7. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

All I do is strip off the comforter. I also make sure to sure wash my hands after handling the remote.

As to anything else, if you're that worried about ickies in a hotel room, you're better off bringing a tent. Trust me, I was in hotel management for awhile. No matter how many precautions you take, you're going to encounter some nasty.

I'll also add this...don't think because it's a 5 Star $$$ place that people don't get funk stuff on things. Though your chances are less than at the local hourly park-n-poke.

8. okie

okie GT Mayor

I don't worry about it, and I don't stay in dives neither:supergrin:

9. devildog2067

devildog2067

Life is too short to try and disinfect the carpet in a hotel. I usually bring flip-flops, but I don't stress out about wearing or not wearing them.

10. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

I live there like its my own home.

11. community

community Member

I do not. one time, though, I walked around with white socks. Well, they were not white anymore. gross.

12. Mak Maven

Mak Maven Lifetime Member

No way!
    Not in hotels or motels.
    And forget airport security. :puking::puking:
    Minumum socks.

13. eaglesfan55

eaglesfan55 (>'-')>

socks or flip flops. oh and always ask for new sheets......

14. ubersoldat

ubersoldat

My band used to tour all over the country, so I saw first hand what went down in there, so no way!

15. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

I always remove the comforter and never lay on it. As for walking around bare foot I never give it a thought, my feet could kill anthrax. Lord knows they can clear a room!!!!:rofl:

16. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

Hotel Horror Stories:

Guy checks out, housekeeping come down to office, says I need to go see room. Poop smeared ALL OVER walls, with a message written in poop that reads, "Clean it up **nword**".

Young couple come in late night and ask for a room, leave about two hours later. Send maint. guy to check condition of room. Maint. guy calls and says I need to come see the room. I tell him I'm busy, what's going on....he says the sheets and towels look like a murder scene. I saw them both leave, so either they killed someone else and sneaked the body out the back, or...

Odd woman checks out. Housekeeping says I need to come see room. Salad, yes salad...lettuce etc. thrown all over the room, ground into the carpet etc. Don't ask, I have no idea.

There's more, but those are off the top of my head.

On a lighter side:

Woman calls to front desk in the a.m, ask for me. Says there's no iron in her room, can I bring one up to her. Sure. She answers the door completely nude, and yes, she was smokin' hot.

Couple staying for about a month while they house hunt. Every night, the couple and their inlaws go into the breakfast area to have a drink and chat. One night when they returned, I told the husband his drycleaning was back. He goes to room, then comes back and ask me to deliver to his room. I knock at door, and wife answers topless, wearing only a thong.

More times than I count, the security camera on the outside pool after-hours was XXX.

Met DJ Scribbles (from MTV back in the day). He's a tool.

Met the rapper Lil Waye, before I even knew who he was. Very cool guy. He leaned over the counter and put a chain around my neck that must have been more than the GDP of some countries.

Met HHH the wrestler. Super cool guy.

Offered free favor by hooker to not throw her out. She came in and asked where a room was, I remembered her from before. I told her that I would need to call the guest and ask if he was expecting company (this was the usual procedure for the situation). She said something along the lines of, "You know why I'm here, how about I __________ and you let me go about my business". I'll pass, but thanks anyways.

17. shavedape

shavedape

Never ever ever ever ever! Never! I've seen on more than one occasion how hotel maids clean the carpet (they don't). I've also known people that have gotten some nasty stuff on their feet which they attribute to walking barefoot in hotel rooms. I won't describe the nastiness but suffice to say I will never go barefoot in a hotel room. I'll barely touch the comforter on the bed to toss it off to the side. Nasty nasty nasty!

18. hatidua

hatidua

I walk barefoot in hotel rooms, I even sleep in the beds :shocked:

19. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

you should see some of the things ive done in motels ..

hopefully they clean up afterwards ..

or it sucks for you guys to be walking around and putting your face into it ..

20. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Never, anywhere. Just me.