do you usually go to the range with friends or alone

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by raven11, Mar 4, 2010.

1. raven11

raven11

I first got into shooting by talking to some guys in the AF Dorms (barracks for you army guys) went to the local outdoor range every month and went though about 150 rnds after that we would grab a bite to eat, clean our guns at our buddies house and watch a movie or two

after I PCS for the first couple of months i shot my guns at the local indoor range and it just wasn't as fun , pay the guy for targets and ammo , shoot , pack up, clean

eventually i got some of my old friends from high school into shooting and we kind've went back to how it use to be. we go, shoot at the range , grab some food , etc

I really can't go back to shooting alone, its pretty fun when you got a group going and talk about he guns we are planning to get, or trying out other pistols, i talked my buddy through his new purchase a EAA EZ9 and he's already planning to get his first skeet shotgun

anyone else like bring friend along when you go shooting?

2. eddief4

eddief4

i really like going with someone. it's usually my dad or uncle. but lately(last few times i went) i have been bringing some friends. usually the first time i bring a new person, i wont even shoot. just show them, and make sure they are safe. then the next time i go it'll watch them in the begining and then get some range time in.

it's really nice to go with friends!:wavey:

3. Chainlink

Chainlink

I go a lot by myself, I tend to work more at my flaws during these times. When with friends I still try to train but it is more of fun with buds time than anything else. I tend to be more tatically minded than my core group and they already think my love of guns is on the unhealthy side. I hunt, fish, and shoot, sorry I don't golf or tie flys. It's a hobby and I don't mind doing it alone.

4. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

I prefer to go with people, but will go alone if I have something to work on.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I prefer to go with friends, but sometimes friends schedules don't always go together.

:cool:

6. ctaggart

ctaggart

I usually go with a certain good friend of mine. We always have a good time together shooting and I usually stay there longer with a friend.

7. CHEF-LOU

CHEF-LOU

Most of the time by myself (Off during the week and work evenings). Almost always bump into someone at the range and still end up BSing a bunch. As others have said, certain times I do prefer having the range to myself.

8. shnifty

shnifty

Since I bought my first handgun a couple months ago I've only gone with friends. I'll be doing the concealed carry thing soon though and I'm actually excited to go by myself to work on my shooting skills.

9. bac1023

bac1023

I enjoy going with others, but end up by myself quite a bit, as I have days off during the week.

10. 2740dmx

2740dmx

I always go solo, since i am more focused on tactics than bullseye shooting, and therefore find it easier to work alone.

I get to the range as soon as it opens, and get some solo time in with tactics, and then hope someone shows up....

fun to trade weapons for a mag or two, shoot the breeze, and just generally talk weapons.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

I'm envious of you all. I have no friends but once a year or so I go with twenty to fifty acquiantances from work, otherwise by myself.

12. Poppa Bear

Poppa Bear Protective G'pa CLM

I go alone. I then meet up with the others shooting that night. After everything is set up, we shoot. We then tear down and occasionally meet someplace for a late supper.

I guess you could say I never shoot alone because it is either a match or an open shooting night where I know most of the people present.

13. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I mostly shoot alone. Home range and I shoot about 5 days a week.

I have a small circle of friends I shoot with and enjoy shooting with them as much or more than shooting alone.

I really enjoy teaching young people and females to shoot and I take pride in how well they do.

One of "my girls" on ONLY her second day shooting and her first time shooting a 45. ( I said I'm proud of them. :) )
    [​IMG]

This lady, and a couple friends of her's, that I taught to shoot wanted me to start a basic course for ladies only. I'd like to do it but you know all the legal problems with that now days.:upeyes:
    I would enjoy it though.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  14. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

I like my range time to be like my gym time . . . alone. I'm there to train, not compete. That said, I do like to go to the range with family and friends but it is very hard to schedule such trips. So when we do get together, the shooting is for fun only.

15. ronin.45

ronin.45

The comeraderie is a big part of shooting to me. I never go to the range alone. I usually just go to competitions with my buddies. Going to the indoor range to put holes in paper by myself just doesn't do it for me. I know some guys like solo zen range time, but it just seems like a waste of ammo to me.

16. oldnoob

oldnoob

I don't mind taking others if they want to shoot my guns. And I like to take newbies to introduce them into this fun hobby. But what I really enjoy is to shoot along. I shoot slow, and try to really going for accuracy with every shot. Sometime when I take others to the range all they really do was to waste my ammo.

I really dream of one day, I would have my own private range.

17. tydefan05

tydefan05

I'm a member of a gun club that's more of a community so I'm never "lonely" per se. However, I don't like going with other people because they either have more or less ammo, time, patience, or weather resistance than I do. Someone will inevitably be ready before the other. (I admit I'm a bit selfish :) )

18. captcurly

captcurly

ALWAYS ALONE. Being alone really works for me.

19. mdfd

mdfd

I mostly enjoy shooting alone b/c I'm always working on my shooting skills. I am trying to mix it up abit and try to go with perhaps other folks who shoot better than me so I can possibly learn something new from them....

20. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

For me, shooting is like working out. Other people are distractions. While it's fun to have them around, I inevitably accomplish less.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010