close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you use a night stand safe?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Quigley, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

I am starting to wonder if keeping the gun on the night stand is the safest option. these rapid entry safes have come a long way. Does anyone on here trust their life to one? If so what model and how do you open it?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

No children in my home. If grandkids are coming everything is secured. Otherwise there are loaded weapons easily accessible all over my abode. I grew up in a home full of loaded guns since before I could remember. In today's society that's a pretty unwise thing to do but in my day we didn't have ADD or other maladies. The thought of messing with dads guns brought fear on me. He didn't play and we didn't push him. Again, it was a different day long since past from the present one.

3. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

I dont have one, my gun is stashed in a top drawer of chest of drawers 3 feet away.

But i know that it isnt best, so I will be watching this thread with interest.

Glock Commander likes this.
  4. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Heck No. I need it within reach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dcc65 likes this.
  5. Valmet

Valmet M76Valmet

No. No kids in the house, several loaded guns.

rock_castle, Dcc65 and cghelton like this.
  6. Bluelinephil

Bluelinephil

No children in my home yet but I keep it in my bed somewhere. Sometimes I'm undecided and keep my 19 and my 22 with me!

:couch:

7. 19trax95

19trax95

Yes. I use a fort Knox safe. It's one of their 5 button models. I can reach it from bed and have it open in a few seconds.

If I'm the only one home, it sits on top of the safe, but if anyone is at the house besides me, it's in the safe. That's for the bed side gun. I always carry so if I'm awake, I'm carrying.

I trust the fort Knox safes. There isn't much to go wrong with them. No electric locks to go bad or batteries to die. And if you mess up the combo, it's super fast to reset and try again.

https://www.ftknox.com/shop/personal-pistol-box-wfront-sight-training-certificate-included/

pizza_pablo and Quigley like this.
  8. Bluelinephil

Bluelinephil

Anyone use any finger printed safes???

9. DrewBone

DrewBone

No. Like the others have stated, I keep numerous handguns at the ready at different locations, and even keep one near me when I'm in the shower.

I'd rather have 19 and 22 year old babes with me in bed - and a handgun on the nightstand, LOL!!!

10. Bluelinephil

Bluelinephil

Wouldn't we all! If only it were that easy!

11. praetoriani

praetoriani

No kids in the house so .45 on the nightstand and a shotgun hung under bed frame with storage hooks. If I had kids I would have one of those nightstand safes.

Booterman likes this.
  12. Planetcat

Planetcat

I have the GunVault, I think model 100. It has four rubber buttons, and I have a pretty easy sequence to open it. It holds one full size pistol and a couple of mags. Lays flat with locking cable. It's pretty stout, and I think you would have to bring it to a workbench to crack it open. Has hex key backup for dead battery, which lasts about one year. I practice opening it in the dark in the bedroom, so I am pretty proficient in getting my pistol quickly. The only negative for me is that its under the bed and I have to reach for it.

13. Planetcat

Planetcat

I have the GunVault, I think model 100. It has four rubber buttons, and I have a pretty easy sequence to open it. It holds one full size pistol and a couple of mags. Lays flat with locking cable. It's pretty stout, and I think you would have to bring it to a workbench to crack it open. Has hex key backup for dead battery, which lasts about one year. I practice opening it in the dark in the bedroom, so I am pretty proficient in getting my pistol quickly. The only negative for me is that its under the bed and I have to reach for it.

14. Glock 23 Nutter

Glock 23 Nutter

In an electronics (7" kindle) zipper case, on the night stand.

Nutter

15. MAG40 Student

MAG40 Student Silver Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This.

Mine holds two weapons plus two spare mags for each. A pair of electronic ear muffs and a Surefire sit next to it.

16. chiefjack

chiefjack

17. BrentC

BrentC

How do you guys secure long guns next to your bed in homes with kids?

18. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Great question. Interested in the responses.

19. Dave Lively

Dave Lively

I have a Gunvault I put my Glock 19 in before I leave for work and take it out when I get back. I live very close to work and often come back in the middle of the day. I would hate to come back in the middle of the day and face a burglar armed with my own gun. The GunVault is secure enough most burglars would steal the whole thing and force it open later.

n2g likes this.
  20. drewcog

drewcog

I only use V-Line safes because they are mechanical and have been 100% reliable. I did have a Fort Knox shotgun safe that was much heavier steel and similarly reliable, but ended up not using it much. I also just got a MonsterVault for under the bed, too. Is unfortunately electronic with key backup, which is not my preference, but there's nothing in its size range that offers a mechanical lock. That said, so far its been 100% reliable too.

http://vlineind.com/

www.monstervault.org

Maccabeus likes this.