close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you use a deer cam or tracker?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by allhowl, Dec 26, 2002.

1. allhowl

allhowl

If so what brand & how do you like it? Thanks!!

2. jamieray

jamieray

i got a photo hunter works great

3. BrianDamage

BrianDamage YouTalkin'ToMe?

I made a homebrew deer cam, but haven't put it out yet...cost me about $75 to make - it's ugly, but it works

4. m65swede

m65swede

My friend bought a CamTrakker about 5 years ago that has worked well for him. He runs it during the month of October to "scout" for trophy bucks.

He's got a large collection of photos; many of trophy class bucks. Major complaint is that he spends nearly $300 in film/developing during that single month!

Swede

5. sarge

sarge Millennium Member

SHEESHHHH!!!!! I have used homebrews for 3 years now, and when I bring a roll home, I take it straight to Wal-Mart and get the 1 hour developing. It is ~$6 per roll. That is about twice what it costs to send it off, but I want them in 1 hour. If this guy is "actually" spending $300 a month in developing, even at that price, he must be getting at least 2 to 3 rolls developed per day. Maybe this is what he is telling you, and I am not doubting your word if this is what you were told, but I find 300 dollars a month a little hard to believe.

6. m65swede

m65swede

Yup, it surely sounds like BS. The thing is that this guy is a good friend who don't say it unless it's truthful, and has the pictures and trophies on the wall to prove it. With his Nov 2002 monster he now has 12 Pope & Young bucks hanging on his wall.

He usually shoots a roll a day (sometimes more), total cost about $8 to $10 per roll for film and developing.

Below is his 2002 trophy buck taken with his bow the day after Veteran's Day. Gross score was 199 inches! He caught this stud on his CamTrakker a couple of times and videotaped him twice, including the afternoon of the kill.

He feels that the opportunity to get bucks like this guy are worth a few "bucks" in film! :)

Swede

7. treemanjohn

treemanjohn

8. allhowl

allhowl

I love that Jesse's Hunting Page (spend too much time there as a matter of fact). My problem is that I have trouble understanding all the talk about resisters and optocouplers (whatever they are) and pin connections and so forth. I do enjoy reading about it but it seems they spend as much for their homebrews as what it would cost to buy a new Moultrie. I do want one & will get one its just a matter of when & which kind.:) ;e