Do You Think the Govt is "Distracting" Us On the 2nd Amendment?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Carrys, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

What I mean is.........do you believe we are being made to be so concerned by what this admin may do on the 2nd Amendment, while they gut/disregard/skirt other important Constitutional issues? Sort of a, "Watch the left hand while it's the right that smacks you" plan. Just an idea that's crossed my mind.

Your thoughts?

2. PA86

PA86

No.

In fact I think getting people riled up over gun ownership is the last thing Obama's administration would want to do.

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

No. The current hysteria is of pure manufacture. HH

4. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

What?

ML

5. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

I love the internet and the general connected-ness of the people. It has gotten much harder to "pull a fast one" on the people.

6. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Doesn't matter, we've been under martial law with the POTUS sitting as dictator since bush jr was in office and osbama has simply extended everything bush jr did.

Well, unlike osbama, at least bush jr put some women in the higher positions; additionally, bush jr didn't use all fed reserve cronies exclusively to appoint on his cabinet and key places as did osbama.

The Second Amendment is a moot point to these globalists as they already know what the mass media is NOT telling anyone. Get a clue, YOU ARE UNDER MARITAL LAW AND THE CONSTITUTION DOES NOT APPLY ANYMORE.

7. Peace Warrior

Pretty soon the gubmint will shut down or severely restrict the content on the internet. The White House has said it is simply a matter of time. Heck, even stumping on the 2008 campaign trail osbama mentioned it coming.

Several HUGE ISP companies will simply stop and or restrict their servers at the mere request of the FBI or other government official. Other ISP's will be forced to stop or restrict content or face penalties including fines and jail time. I know, I know... label me a :tinfoil: wearer, move on to a new spot, and shove your head down (or up :whistling:) another hole. OR MAYBE you might want to check all this out for yourself.

If you use the internet for your research remember two things and apply your search criterion accordingly: (1) Finding the stupid and or blood letting on the internet is easy. (2) Finding the REALLY useful information on the internet is difficult but doable at the present time. So start now, but take your time during your research. Also, don't expect all the answers to come up on the first search you conduct. You have to work at it and put small pieces of the puzzle together as you go.

To begin, simply StartPage search (or google if you must): 2004, FBI, Indymedia

Happy hunting :wavey:

8. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

PW -

I'd be extremely surprised if those things weren't already happening. Didn't say impossible to pull a fast one on the people, just harder.

9. doktor doom

doktor doom

Actually, I think that Chicago Slim and friends are realizing, slowly, but surely, how difficult it will be to pass any new gun restriction legislation. The whole Tea Party movement, the hue and cry over health care, the general disillusionment with Obama by his allies will all cause the administration to rethink their priorities, and the chances they have to "get it done" before they attempt anything extreme. Also, the majority of americans don't want more gun control, simple as that. And, honestly, I think Chicago Slim has bigger fish to fry, anyway.

10. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Thank you for your such "insightful" take on things.

You could be entirely correct or you could be wrong as can be, I don't know. And that's my point, neither one of us "knows", do we? Now, it seems you certainly have your view point and that's fine. We all should have and need to have our own point of view, that's what makes us great after all. But you speak as if everything you see, everything you believe, everything you believe in, is absolutely a done deal. It's just has to be so, cause you believe it. And we're all ignorant, disbelieving, stick your heads in the sand suckers.

What I don't see...........is you seeming to understand that you could be wrong. As I said, you may be correct, I don't know. But you stand oh so upright, brush off your chest and tell us that you have the right, correct, and seemingly only right take on the situation. When in fact, you're guessing. I don't know if it's out of desire, misunderstanding, or just that you are so conceited that you will not believe anything else. And it really doesn't matter.

Everything I and most others post here is simply our opinions, sprinkled with a few facts here and there. But at least we understand that, as does everyone else. Wish I could be as down right full of myself as some appear to be. I'd place as many bets as I could, knowing that I.........and I alone have the "straight dope" on things.

It's fine that you believe what you do, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. But to believe that everyone else are idiots just because they don't "see" what you see.......................well, thats another thing.

11. Peace Warrior

My mannerisms aside, it is obvious that you were not one of the ones I was "speaking to" with my post as you certainly have an open mind. My post was directed more so at those with closed minds. Yes, I personally have witnessed enough proof to know for myself that these things are true. I have now realized, as did better men than I who came before, that a complete deference to the truth and facts concerning our government, our leaders, and their combined agenda will spell the end to this Constitutional Republic, which for now is still known and referred to as the united States of America.

My intention was not to use a broad brush and paint all as idiots that either do not know, do not believe, or do not hold to the same worldview that I hold to and believe in.

However, please know that your point taken and received. If I seem direct in my mannerisms, and this insults you or offends you, please accept my apologies herein. I also accept your advice due to the palpable and conspicuous wisdom that showers it. Thank you for your corrections Sir.

12. napp32

napp32

Did you not hear about the 2008 Presidential Elections? :fred:

13. LRB2GZ

LRB2GZ

I imagine Barry hasn't forgotten about raping our second amendment rights and is merely putting it off until his second term (or close to the end of his first if it looks like he won't be re-elected).

14. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I remember when there was a mass hysteria manufactured by democrats that this guy Reagan running for president was going to plunge us into war with the USSR and we need to stock up on food, resist registering for selective service and do everything possilbe to see that he doens't take office. The same situation repeating itself now is uncanny. HH

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  15. skeeter1959

skeeter1959

I think our govt is secondly only to mexico in corruption, so who the hell knows what they're up to.

16. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Not a matter of distraction. It's a matter of priorities.

They didn't expect so much resistance from ordinary people and Teaparty folks. They thought they could pull a quick and easy one on tax&trade and healthcrap reform. The attack on the 2nd Amendment is only delayed. Expect immigration/amnesty politics to be the next step.

17. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

Who says we can only be concerned about one thing at a time?

18. smullen

smullen

:NOD:

You get my vote on this being their M.O.....

19. 9lock

9lock Guest

You mean like what the media does with week long diversions "oops" I mean topics like Terri Schiavo, Balloon boy and who killed Michael Jackson instead of what is going on in DC? Naah! They would not do that with such an excellent past track record.
    That is as crazy as the whole Left / Right battle in CONgress putting on a show when on camera to maintain the illusion there still is a two party system and keep us fighting among ourselves all while the corporations run the show, I think we need more concrete evidence:whistling:

20. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I think the reason we aren't seeing their obvious planning is because they are backdooring us through the UN channel. Bush and Bolton held the UN off our backs for the time being, but now that Hillary is involved, the UN is beginning to see the light in disarming the average citizen.