GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
20,647 Posts
Nope, no Black Friday deal here. I don't even venture out as far as the paved road. Those Over-Homers all swarm to Bangor to buy up stuff they can't get over in Canada and are a menace on the road.

But this year, with the border shut down due to Wu-Flu there should be less of them.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
It has gone up $10 since I bought mine yesterday, but they still have them for $229.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...-5-lightweight-m-lok-upper-w-o-bcg-or-ch.html
Oh, I was gonna buy one and then I saw this so I am out. I guess I have to sell all my guns:

Handling firearms or firearms parts can expose you to lead and other petroleum products known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Wash hands thoroughly after handling.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If you mean in person, I don't shop on days that end in "Y."
But if I did, Black Friday would be the last day of the year I'd shop.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I went to academy today to pick up some new ear protection since I want to shoot tomorrow. Bought some ear pro, two ammo cans and a bore snake.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I ventured out around noon to get some drill bits on sale at Lowes. Every register was open, no waiting. Out in a few minutes with my half price booty.
Decided to go to a store in the mall to pick up a gift for my wife. That place was jam packed, I didn't stop.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Was at Costco at 6pm for a shingles vaccine. Store was almost empty of shoppers. They were open until 8:30

·
Super Moderator
2,157 Posts
Many years ago it was an event for me. Now there is nothing I really want. I get a chuckle in the gun shops when they ask if they can help me. "No, I'm just looking for something I don't need but have to have."

I do the same thing at the watch places.

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
1. I bought a can of spray paint at Home Depot.
2. On Thursday, the girl friend advised that there was a strange noise coming from the microwave. So, reluctantly, I researched and learned that a microwave should be retired for safety reasons after 10 years regardless of whether it was visually defective or damaged. Coincidentally, sales were going on and I bought a replacement unit by a different manufacturer for $30 off. The internal two pieces that would removed for cleaning, including the glass plate were identical. So I am keeping the old parts.
3. I bought less than $3 of short computer cords on line.
4. I priced folder covers at Office Depot. After I recovered from my fainting, I went to Dollar store and bought 3 at $1 each!

·
Navy Veteran
5,327 Posts
No, wait, I did pick up some coffee and sweetner at Wally. Went through self checkout, they weren't busy. Played pickleball at club in the morning. Crowed, we had four courts going. No Black Friday for them either.

·
Navy Veteran
5,327 Posts
Nope, no Black Friday deal here. I don't even venture out as far as the paved road. Those Over-Homers all swarm to Bangor to buy up stuff they can't get over in Canada and are a menace on the road.

But this year, with the border shut down due to Wu-Flu there should be less of them.
Yes, snowbird friends aren't expecting Canadians in Florida or south Texas. Texas RV friends get amused at them swimming in the park pool, when everyone else is walking around with jackets on.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I didn't but my wife, daughter and credit card did. The son and I took the pumpkins my wife used for fall decor and shot them before heading to the deer stand.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I ventured out around noon to get some drill bits on sale at Lowes. Every register was open, no waiting. Out in a few minutes with my half price booty.
Decided to go to a store in the mall to pick up a gift for my wife. That place was jam packed, I didn't stop.
You should have just went ahead and got a drill for your wife...:cheers:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts