close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you remember why you went glock??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Soviet937, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Soviet937

Soviet937

i was bored at work today i was thinking to myself why i went glock over all the other pistols out there. ive had mine for a year now but i really cant remember why i went glock. all that matters i guess is just that i did.

2. soulless

soulless

SO i ran into this awesome site called Glocktalk.com.. Browsed around for a while.. Went out and tested many hand gun brands and found out I liked Glocks the most.. my first Glock was the G27... First hand gun ever too. Don't ask me why i didn't go with a .22LR hand gun first.. hahahaha i felt i could jumped right into the G27..hahahaha

3. bug

bug

I bought a sigma did not like it that much sold it to a friend.. And then started asking all the gun people I knew and people at gun stores, What there to 3 choices for a handgun brand were Glock was almost always on the list while the others were hit and miss.... A good bit of the time it was 1 or 2 on the list so i went and tried one out and liked it.
    end of boring story

4. Zertek

Zertek

Yes I remember why I went glock, because I had Kimbers and I was tired of them jamming, I wanted something reliable.

5. rem2429

rem2429

First had a Ruger, too heavy. Bought a taurus, too broken.
    Tommy Lee Jones and a guy at my CCW class recommended glock so I tried out a bunch of guns and ended up with 3 glocks. :supergrin:

6. jaybirdjtt

jaybirdjtt

I have a thing for reliability. Plus, Glocks are a great value when compared to other semi automatic handguns. I mean, some Kimbers, Sigs, and SAs selling at $800-over $1000 for a stock gun! You don't have any unnecessary safeties to get in the way if you are limited to your weak hand. Plus they are as accurate as you are. Plus, they just look good, black and all business! Some folks think they are ugly but to me, function is what it is all about. I don't need no stinkin' pearl handled grips!

7. whoever

whoever

Wow, exactly the same reason I went glock. After owning a Kimber, you just want something that WORKS.

8. spurgon

spurgon

I had always been a fan of 1911's and revolvers. Still am , but when I saw my daughter's pistol instructor tell her to through his glock in the dirt at the range. She was using his pistol (19) and when she emptied the 1st mag and would not let the empty mag fall in the dirt , prior to inserting the fresh mag, The instructor said, " this isn't your dad's 1911" ,don't be afraid to treat it as a tool. Being in the dirt won't hurt it". I like the way that sounded, it just made since. Now, I'm a big fan of Glocks.
    spurgon

9. thornesguns

thornesguns

i forgot to put the tinfoil on my head and the voices just kept saying 'glock' 'glock' so i got a glock.

10. durango#95

durango#95

Because out of the long list of semi auto guns I had/did own, my 1st Glock (a 2nd gen. 19) was the 1st gun I had that NEVER had a problem. Glocks just run, feed 'em anything, never clean them, they will STILL RUN. I don't like the fit in my hand of the 3rd gen. 21's/20's, but other than that, they all fit and point GREAT for me.

11. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

Guess I'm just one of the more educated gun owners. :dunno:

:supergrin:

12. robertwh

robertwh

I was influenced by a friend to shoot his G-21 and 17. A few hundred rounds later I was hooked! I was a 45. ACP 1911 and 357 revolver man for well over 3 decades. I am now totally into Glocks. Reliable, accurate and simple. They are fantastic pistols. I would choose Glock for combat, Glock for CC and Glock for home defense. :cool:

Glocks rock!:wavey:

13. WarCry

WarCry

I was looking for something incredibly simple, relatively low-cost, with high reliability. I checked around fround that our local PD used Glocks and then got to try one out, the G22. I wanted something with a higher concealability factor, so I picked up the G23.

So, the short answer is "because a cop gave his and I liked the way it shot.

14. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

When I was a young kid I saw an add for Glock and thought they were simple, but cool.

When I turned 18 and got out from under my parents' roof (an anti-gun home), I bought a Glock because I knew just enough to know they were a reliable firearm. Also, I figured that so many LE Agencies issued them; there must be something to them.

Now, I feel I know a lot more. Glock makes a damn fine firearm. It's what I carry on-duty and off. You can't beat the price for performance. Plus, if it gets taken away from a usage, I'm not out a treasure.

15. Golddog

Golddog

I had owned many dozens of revolvers and distrusted semi-autos, until I pulled the trigger of an empty Glock at the range. The pull was, of course, infinitely superior to that of any reliable DA revolver trigger, and I was hooked.

16. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i shoot Glock, STI, and S&W because they support me and my shooting sports, and all three make a good product.

17. Bruce M

Bruce M

Because the 26 is on a list of approved pistols and it is appreciably smaller than the others on the list.

26 pre-model 27 scattergun technologies and maybe another I forgot

18. Glock19_11

Glock19_11

Price, reliability, and availability to accessories.

19. sirsigsalot

sirsigsalot

Yes. Perfect CCW for me. Durable, low maintenance, quick trigger.

20. Old School

Old School

Sure do. I had graduated from college and was working my first real job. I already had a .22 rifle from childhood and I saved up enough money to get the best .22 handgun, centerfire handgun, shotgun and rifle for the money. My choices were Ruger Mk II bull bbl, glock 17, Rem 870 Wingmaster, and Colt HBAR. No regrets.