GlockTalk Forum banner

201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I know a few. Some were cold-like symptoms and a couple flu-like. That's it. Oh, and they all wore masks....

·
Registered
16,714 Posts
Long time friends mother contracted COVID two weeks ago and died.

She was 95, but otherwise in very good health and still living alone and doing everything for herself.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yes, several. One fatality. Others recovered but very weak for quite some time - really took a lot out of them (middle aged people, late 30s to early 40s). Another completely without symptoms except for loss of taste.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Upthread I reported that I knew four who had it. One otherwise healthy person suffered cardiac blood vessel damage. The others came through OK.

Today I learned of three others who got Covid.

One came through OK. One is still struggling to recover. The third was intubated and, when he survived the vent and the tube came out, asked the med staff what happens next. Their reply was that they don't know, you're the first living person from whom we removed a tube since April. He's still day-to-day.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
My mother tested positive today. Nursing home resident.
I "liked" your post because I feel your pain. My mother was also diagnosed today. She's 82 and quite healthy for her age. That said, she's still 82. She also promises me that she's been taking the 1000IU of vitamin D3 I bought her several months ago; along with her long term friend vitamin c.

Today she only had fever which is what prompted the test. In another thread, I complained about how it was taking the county 3 freaking weeks to get her first dose of the vaccine scheduled. Well, private enterprise corrected that today. Hopefully. She's scheduled for an infusion of the synthetic anti-bodies tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
28,411 Posts
Just found out a couple I know caught it over Christmas. He's a retired cop (mid 50's) and caught it from his wife (late 30's?), who is still a working cop (and it's running through their agency). Both had fevers they measured at 102, with bad chills between fever spikes. She lost her sense of smell, and it's only starting to come back. He lost his sense of smell very briefly, and now he said it's basically heightened. Neither wants anything to do with it again.

I was told the other day that my former agency is still doing remarkably well, with only a few cases (in an agency of several hundred people). One of them resulted in the guy being hospitalized for a couple days, but then he was released. They've been told they can sign up for the vaccine starting next month.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I haven't even gotten to the funerals of recently deceased #9 & #19 on my list and today I added #23.

I think before the next couple months are done, I will have given up trying to keep up with of all those I know who've had it.

At this point, I still know more who've had the actual disease than who have had the vaccine (even just first shots), but I expect that to change, too, in the next couple months.

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,219 Posts
I "liked" your post because I feel your pain. My mother was also diagnosed today. She's 82 and quite healthy for her age. That said, she's still 82. She also promises me that she's been taking the 1000IU of vitamin D3 I bought her several months ago; along with her long term friend vitamin c.

Today she only had fever which is what prompted the test. In another thread, I complained about how it was taking the county 3 freaking weeks to get her first dose of the vaccine scheduled. Well, private enterprise corrected that today. Hopefully. She's scheduled for an infusion of the synthetic anti-bodies tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for your concern. I hope and pray your mother comes through all this just fine! My mother will be 91 in Feb.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
10 people in my family (extended). Nobody had anything worse than a bad flu. My wife and I were basically over it in 3 days. Worst was one of my nieces, went a full couple of weeks being "feeling icky" (neither her husband nor her children got it from her). No situation where people were together as everyone lives far apart and has not seen each other during the time period where people had gotten it.

·
Not from my cold dead clutching hands
579 Posts
My wife is a school teacher and she had COVID in September along with 3 other teachers in her grade level. She had a pretty bad cough, lost smell and taste and ran a fever a few days. She also had fatigue really bad and said her lungs felt like they were on fire. She was sick for about a week and a half. She has recovered mostly, but still she suffers from foggy memory. I somehow have managed to not contract it even though I was around her the whole time taking care of her. Not sure if I was asymptomatic, or my immune system has fought it off this whole time. So for me I know this virus is real and it can make one really sick. Several of her coworkers have come down with it lately and their school has been closed and moved to virtual learning for the rest of this year. It’s a messed up time in America right now. Hope you all stay safe and healthy.

w30olds
Do u have type O Pos?

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
I know of three people that ended up on a ventilator within the past 30 days. Thankfully all 3 have been released and are home on oxygen.

All in late 60's.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Today's date = Tuesday, January 26, 2021.

I still do not personally know anyone who has had Covid-19.

This includes my immediate family, my extended family, my ex-wife and her family, my neighbors, the people at my church, the folks at my gym/grocery store(s)/dentist office/doctor office/barber shop/gas station/oil change shop/Home Depot/Lowes/bird seed store/Chick-Fil-A/Braum's/BBQ joint/What-A-Burger/Rosa's Mexican Cafe/Seafood restaurant/Chinese restaurant/Pizza joint/submarine sandwich store/Cajun restaurant/etc, trash collector, USPS/UPS/FedEx/Amazon/Whole Food delivery drivers, Red Cross volunteers, Sheriff's Department volunteers, Medical Reserve Corps volunteers, Garden Club volunteers, HAM radio and SKYWARN weather spotter volunteers, et cetera.

I am NOT saying that Covid-19 is a hoax.

I am merely responding to the OP's original question.

I do not personally know anyone who has had Covid-19.

(And I do know and I do interact with a lot of people in person on a daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual basis.)

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Today's date = Tuesday, January 26, 2021.

I still do not personally know anyone who has had Covid-19.

This includes my immediate family, my extended family, my ex-wife and her family, my neighbors, the people at my church, the folks at my gym/grocery store(s)/dentist office/doctor office/barber shop/gas station/oil change shop/Home Depot/Lowes/bird seed store/Chick-Fil-A/Braum's/BBQ joint/What-A-Burger/Rosa's Mexican Cafe/Seafood restaurant/Chinese restaurant/Pizza joint/submarine sandwich store/Cajun restaurant/etc, trash collector, USPS/UPS/FedEx/Amazon/Whole Food delivery drivers, Red Cross volunteers, Sheriff's Department volunteers, Medical Reserve Corps volunteers, Garden Club volunteers, HAM radio and SKYWARN weather spotter volunteers, et cetera.

I am NOT saying that Covid-19 is a hoax.

I am merely responding to the OP's original question.

I do not personally know anyone who has had Covid-19.

(And I do know and I do interact with a lot of people in person on a daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual basis.)
It's not Impossible to be in your circumstances, but I think it is quickly becoming a statistical rarity.

One neighbor had it the other week, now it looks like the kids in that home have it; although, based on timing, probably from another source. At the same time, another neighboring home has two cases and another church member, who I just learned about and already seems to be over it.

Between the growing number of people I know who've had it and who've started getting the vaccine, it finally feels like we're making progress toward herd immunity. (And, I'll just pretend the variants are a non-issue until we know for certain otherwise).

·
Bitter American
608 Posts
I'm getting ready to go to a funeral in an hour. In one month 5 people from our church congregation have died due to covid. Our 2 pastors have had it and were in the hospital but bounced back after about 10 days. Our congregation is only about 200 members and those that died were over 70 years old.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I learned yesterday that a lovely lady I used to work with passed away from covid. She had been in the ICU since before Christmas. She was about 60 and as far as I know had no significant underlying conditions.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,799 Posts
Well, my answer has changed. I now know several people that got the Cooties. All are now fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most of my family had it. Many of my friends have had it and all are fine.

No thanks to the hospital. Went to the E.R. who said I had Covid pneumonia. No breathing treatments, no IV fluids (even though I told them I felt dehydrated), no steroid shot to strengthen the lungs, no fusion cocktail that they talk about on TV, and definitely no hydroquinone & zinc. The doctor was more than happy to prescribe cough medicine with codeine and an inhaler in exchange for the co-payment.

Sad people are dying when most can be saved with decent medical intervention.

BTW, the hospital parking lot looks like a M.A.S.H. unit with all of the vacant tents. Federal reimbursements are alive and well. Only going off of my personal experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

201 - 220 of 243 Posts