GlockTalk Forum banner

181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,023 Posts
Currently 3 people I know are down with it. My two co-workers (I'm the only person at work now), and a buddy.

They're sick with a bad flu, but it's not killing them. Just got off the phone with one co-worker, he's not that bad.

I also know of 2 people that have died from it, but they were very old & sick.

·
Smartass Pilot
20,785 Posts
My dad and step-mom have both had it. My dad had a mild case. My step-mom had a short hospital stay, but recovered (thank goodness). Neither really took it seriously beforehand. They rolled the dice and got lucky (again, thank goodness).

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wife and I both had it last March. I had a fairly bad case and my wife’s was mild. Lucky I didn’t go to the hospital as they didn’t know how to treat me if I had. Miserable two weeks of aches and fever. 2 months to recover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work in a factory in Gainesville, i personally know about 20+ people that have had it. One died, one said it was the worst flu he ever had and the rest said it was a cake walk. As if right now my partners 98 year old grandmother has it and is getting over it. No complaints from her, just another day apparently.

·
Registered
20,016 Posts
Just lost my next door neighbor. Had the vid and was recovering, he got the pneumonia that accompanies this damned disease. He was in his 70's.

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Two blocks away, there is an extended family. Walk by 2-3 times a day on walks. Closed up now. The garage was an open living room with t.v., pool table, couches and 8 - 10 family members coming and going.

When the brother-in-law called yesterday, it was to tell me that the former mother in law is not going to make it. In the hospital.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Sister, brother in law, niece had it. Sick at home for a week. Recovered.
Friend late 50s had it. Loss of taste and smell pronounced. Mild flu-like symptoms. Recovered.
Friend early 60s had it. Hospitalized, then in rehab. Total 4 weeks. Not fully recovered.
Client, late 60s had it. Died.
Now, three more. My wife, my son & me. I posted in the “got the vaccine thread” since my wife at first thought she was experiencing side effects from the vaccine. No need to repeat here.

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Now, three more. My wife, my son & me. I posted in the “got the vaccine thread” since my wife at first thought she was experiencing side effects from the vaccine. No need to repeat here.
The question is: Having now had the Wuhan flu, what about taking the vaccine. I have not seen any news posted.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The question is: Having now had the Wuhan flu, what about taking the vaccine. I have not seen any news posted.
That is a good question and one I have been wondering about. It would seem that the most sensible approach would be to test anyone who has had infection confirmed with a PCR antigen test, or suspects they did have an infection on the basis of symptoms but was not confirmed, for anit-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. Those with a decent antibody titer shouldn't need to be vaccinated. But that might introduce another layer of complexity to a process that is already rather gridlocked.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Nope still no one I know has the ChiCom flu.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Glad to hear you've essentially recovered, Voyager.

Two I know who've each been sick & hospitalized for over a month have both died this week.

One older (late 70s?), but very active. The other 40-something. Neither known to have major health problems pre-CoViD.

That brings me to knowing about 21 with confirmed cases.
4 of those have died, 15 recovered, 2 still in the middle of it.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,602 Posts
I finally do, or did... the man that runs a local beer den contracted the Coof last week and died from it.

I will pour a little out for Mr. Bob my next round.

:(

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Former mother-in-law died this week. 96.5 years. Stroke before Christmas. Never came out. Tested positive for Wuhan flu in the hospital. Was scheduled for the vaccine shot.

·
Patrol Corporal
1,027 Posts
My sister-in-law and her family had it and about a half dozen of my co-workers had it. Most described it as a bad cold with a few saying it was like the flu. All recovered.

·
Registered
592 Posts
A buddy of mine had covid in Sept. with minor symptoms (slight congestion). Last week he tested positive again with no symptoms...I guess the antibodies are weak?? Make me wonder how long the so called "vaccine" will last...

My sister's family all had it about a month or 2 ago. Worst symptom was she lost taste & smell and had slight runny nose. 65 year old husband and both 30 something kids had no symptoms.

·
Registered
20,016 Posts
Former mother-in-law died this week. 96.5 years. Stroke before Christmas. Never came out. Tested positive for Wuhan flu in the hospital. Was scheduled for the vaccine shot.
My condolences.

181 - 200 of 243 Posts