GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Me fail English? That's unpossible
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is a school teacher and she had COVID in September along with 3 other teachers in her grade level. She had a pretty bad cough, lost smell and taste and ran a fever a few days. She also had fatigue really bad and said her lungs felt like they were on fire. She was sick for about a week and a half. She has recovered mostly, but still she suffers from foggy memory. I somehow have managed to not contract it even though I was around her the whole time taking care of her. Not sure if I was asymptomatic, or my immune system has fought it off this whole time. So for me I know this virus is real and it can make one really sick. Several of her coworkers have come down with it lately and their school has been closed and moved to virtual learning for the rest of this year. It’s a messed up time in America right now. Hope you all stay safe and healthy.

w30olds

·
Crusty Member
10,804 Posts
A number of us on GT have had it. I did back in March/April. Probably the sickest I've ever been. Took an ambulance ride to the ER late one night for breathing difficulty. Fully recovered, no thanks to the local medical establishment.
I also have a neighbor who recently died from it after 2 weeks in the hospital. I didn't even know he was sick until it came out that he was dead.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
No I don't.

·
Director of civil unrest
9,597 Posts
My oldest daughter texted me yesterday saying she tested positive. She'll be fine, it's just the flu. Unless of course, you have underlying issues.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yes. My wife’s cousin had it and died. But.....she also had I believe it was pulmonary fibrosis for the last five years or so.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
I know 2 people who recently got it. They're both young and fine.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Several. My brother-in-law has it and it's concerning with his recent breathing problems and health issues.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,845 Posts
Nope.

Reactions: w30olds

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
The morning after my Father died of Covid-19 I called my daughter in WI only to discover that she, her husband and my grand daughter had all just tested positive and a week later my brittle diabetic grandson has tested positive and spent two days in hospital trying to stabilize his blood sugar levels.

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,851 Posts
I know several people who survived Covid. No one in my family has had it. Wife and I are retired, she is at risk so I do most of the shopping etc. My daughter is in health care and takes good precautions. Son is working his job from home since this nonsense started.

Reactions: MaverickDMD

·
Registered
28,579 Posts
Yes. I do. Both personally, and second-hand through some friends and family. A close friend's father died of it in March (in his 80's), while hospitalized. His mother caught it, was hospitalized and survived.

A couple people at my former agency have been diagnosed with it, one of whom I knew. Last I'd heard, both had recovered. One of them was almost 50, and I think the other was younger.

·
All anti-gunner stink worse than filled diapers.
735 Posts
My brother next to me had it back in April he told me at the time he was never that sick for several days. It left his lungs in really bad shape he was waiting for lung transplant. He passed away Oct.9 . A loss I will never get over. To This day it still hurts.

·
I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
980 Posts
I personally know people who were confirmed to have it and people who have been confirmed to have it currently. For many it was pretty mild, but I know of a couple young, healthy people with no underlying medical issues that still aren't fully recovered.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts