Glock Talk banner

Do you pay to get your car cleaned?

4979 Views 62 Replies 53 Participants Last post by  The Hawk
Do you pay to get your car detailed or do you do it yourself? Why?
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
47,229 Posts
Once a week by hand. $3 in quarters
-Tire/Wheel Cleaner fluid
-High pressure soap
-Brush
-High pressure rinse
-Spot free rinse
-Hand dry
-Magic Black the tires

About once a month I do inside all the door jams and clean/condition the interior, vacuum, clean floormats, windows, rainX, etc..

Once a year I wax.

I'm too cheap to pay the local detailer guy.

· Venor ergo sum
"94% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones" CPRC
6,536 Posts
I usually have a full service car wash done on my 2005 Dodge 2500 a couple times a year. Usually late spring after all hunts are over and then maybe in late summer at the end of our monsoon season when the bugs are bad.

I vacuum and power spray it as needed, but from fall hunts through spring turkey it mostly stays dirty.

· ****** Viejo
32,859 Posts
In 9 years I ran my Ford Escape (maroon)thru a car wash 3 times and hand washed it twice. My wife's Kia Sportage (white) was hand washed 3 times in 17years. The Ford showed dirt until a rain, the Kia never looked dirty. Both vehicles have been traded in for white Jeeps. My wife's was washed twice in the past year and mine will be washed and waxed as will hers before the first snow flies. tom. :car:

Reactions: spork

· Caffeinator
7,259 Posts
I pay. I just don't like spending my time doing things like that. I did when I was younger, though. I could spend half a Saturday cleaning my car in my teens and my 20s.

Reactions: deputy tom

· ****** Viejo
32,859 Posts
I pay. I just don't like spending my time doing things like that. I did when I was younger, though. I could spend half a Saturday cleaning my car in my teens and my 20s.
Me too. But I'm "thrifty" so that's why we bought two white cars. tom. :kilt:

· Man, I'm Pretty
32,628 Posts
I have had my '97 Nissan Pathfinder for 7 years.

I have never washed or vacuumed it, though I do clean the garbage out of it a couple of times a year.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Reactions: deputy tom

· ****** Viejo
32,859 Posts
I have had my '97 Nissan Pathfinder for 7 years.

I have never washed or vacuumed it, though I do clean the garbage out of it a couple of times a year.

Regards,
Happyguy :)
This brings up the vacuuming issue. My wife vacuumed her Kia monthly. She vacuumed my Ford maybe four times. I had deep grooved rubber floor mats and she had factory carpet mats. Both of our newer vehicles have Weather-Tech mats and trunk liners. Take them out and hose them off. No biggie. tom. :cowboy:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.