Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
23,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One good thing about living in Maine, we got the good kind of hot dog buns. No crust between the buns in the package. I didn't like those ones with a crust on both sides that you get in some areas, even if they had a better shape.

Cheese brats in hot toasty buttered buns with honey mustard....MMMMM...its whats for supper.

Braut buns.jpg

·
Native Mainiac
23,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good but you forgot the cole slaw and hamburger dills before you took the pitcher. :wavey:
Cole slaw would be a good addition...but I've had a few beers and it wouldn't be safe...no matter how much fun it may be...for me to be riding around flicking pickles at folks along the road. I only eat the little cocktail gherkins when it comes to pickles.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
My wife argues with me about that.
I will go to the store for something and she ask me to pick up buns. I say, why? we have bread.

But yes, toasted is good.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
It sucks not being able to find no crust between buns here. There are always regional items you miss.
MOXIE!!! always a summer special time with dad. Had it since he passed but not the same.
Love me some Moxie. Folks either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Absolutely. If I'm feeling extra gluttonous I'll toast+butter bread for a PB&J.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Native Mainiac
23,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Absolutely. If I'm feeling extra gluttonous I'll toast+butter bread for a PB&J.
I have an old Herter's cookbook that actually has a recipe for toasting and buttering a PBJ...little known FACT that it is how it is served best.

Another is how to cook spinach like the Virgin Mary who loved spinach.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
I have an old Herter's cookbook that actually has a recipe for toasting and buttering a PBJ...little known FACT that it is how it is served best.

Another is how to cook spinach like the Virgin Mary who loved spinach.
My grandmother used to mix peanut butter, butter (real home made butter), and jelly together in a bowl. Then at lunch time we could spread it all at once on fresh bread.

Reactions: RussP and R9S19

·
Registered
14,198 Posts
One good thing about living in Maine, we got the good kind of hot dog buns. No crust between the buns in the package. I didn't like those ones with a crust on both sides that you get in some areas, even if they had a better shape.

Cheese brats in hot toasty buttered buns with honey mustard....MMMMM...its whats for supper.

View attachment 757458
Those look great.

·
Registered
21,732 Posts
Only if she's cute.

Reactions: E-2-E and FullClip
1 - 20 of 65 Posts