GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
14,400 Posts
I like what I consider spicy. My family thinks it's too hot, but I know there are people that eat much hotter stuff than me.

I've overdone it a few times. Eaten a raw habanero..it was definitely too hot (did it again to be sure). From what I understand they actually used to be the hottest pepper in the world.

·
Registered
11,321 Posts
I love spicy food, Indian, Thai, Mexican I can eat it everyday of the week. I don't have any use for painful levels of heat, I'm not trying to prove anything.

Reactions: BigBluefish

·
M62/76
12,283 Posts
I generally enjoy hot/spicy stuff myself

·
Firm member
30,027 Posts
I love spicy food, Indian, Thai, Mexican I can eat it everyday of the week. I don't have any use for painful levels of heat, I'm not trying to prove anything.
This. I have really no use for "American hot," as it is purely an affectation. Give me third-world equatorial hot, and it's game-on. HH

·
Registered
920 Posts
I don’t like the instant hot bite that Tabasco and other such products provide. But I do enjoy spicy foods that kind of sneak up on you. You take a bite or two, enjoy the flavor and soon your eyes water and your nose runs a little bit. My kind of spicy.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Love hot food, but there is a line i draw.

I like a good burn, and taste.
but if the food is made just hot for the sake of being hot, and burning your face off, and your bum on the way out, forget it.

there must be flavor, and a good mix of heat and texture/flavor, etc.

all this ghost pepper tripe is not pleasant to eat, it’s a 3 seconds of flavor, then it hurts.
nope. Not me.

I love the citrus flavor of habanero peppers, but remove the seeds for flavor and a better food experience.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Love the heat. Pretty much every dinner has some form of heat added: cayenne, crushed red, or a variety of sauces - my favorite sauce right now is El Yucateco green habanero. The dear wife is not quite to my level, but she likes it hot, too. 21 year old daughter is a hot-head in training - she'll squeeze Sriracha on her bagels.

·
Registered
31,367 Posts
I like FLAVORFUL spicy stuff, to a degree...

PAINFUL stuff...you can keep!
This is me pretty much. Kind of a problem when cooking for other that have zero tolerance for anything spicier than water.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
If you go heavy on the black pepper or ketchup it's too spicy for me. My wife's snack shelf has nothing without flaming, spicy, buffalo or jalapeno in their names.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I love spicy hot food but there’s a line. I want to taste my food, not get tortured by it.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I like spicy and hot, but not too hot. The older I get the less heat I can stand. If it burns it’s too hot. Spicy should be flavorful not painful.

·
17,955 Posts
I love spicy food. I put salsa and sour cream on my breakfast unless it's pancakes. I used to eat even spicier food when I lived in Los Angeles. Not just mexican food, but Thai food. Now that I'm living in the pacific Northwest I don't eat really hot food anymore which is probably good now that I'm older, but I can't stand bland food and I still like things spicy

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I would have said yes, the spicier the better. The local Thai place let's you pick how hot it is, on a scale of 1 to 5. 3 almost killed me.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts