Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Quick! Duck!
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monkeys on the loose on Cincinnati’s west side, police say

By Jennifer Edwards Baker | April 8, 2021 at 5:34 AM EDT - Updated April 8 at 7:09 AM
CINCINNATI (FOX19) - About five monkeys are on the loose on Cincinnati’s west side, including some seen swinging in trees at a cemetery overnight, police confirmed Thursday morning.
Police said they reached out to the Cincinnati Zoo to help round the primates up later Thursday at Saint Joseph’s Cemetery at West Eight Street & Enright Avenue.
Officers responded to the area about 10 p.m. Wednesday when residents reported monkey sightings.
They have since cleared the scene but intend to return later this morning.
Police tell FOX19 NOW they think they potentially escaped from a private collection at a home.
FOX19 NOW has a crew at the scene and will continue to update this breaking story on air and all our digital platforms.
CPD: Monkeys from a private collection are on the loose and officers confirm they’re actively searching for them.
Last reported location, according to officers was here, at St. Joseph’s Cemetery. @FOX19 pic.twitter.com/vTushno86V
— Lauren Artino (@FOX19Lauren) April 8, 2021
Story from Monkeys on the loose on Cincinnati’s west side, police say

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
When I was a kid one escaped the Detroit Zoo and we kids found it in another kids garage. It would chase us around their backyard and we would go home and ask our Moms for some fruit for the Monkey.
Nobody believed us until somebodies Mom came by and saw it chasing us.
Cops came out and caught it in a net.
My Monkey is in my trunk.

·
κολασμένος
18,634 Posts
Pray for Mojo...

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
We had a problem here when a bunch of snakes escaped from the zoo. Authorities were able to get them to return to their cages when they brought in a lawyer who spoke with the snakes in their own language...

(Drum roll and cymbals crash)

John W in SC
around 20 years ago, the Wolves escaped from our small local zoo. talk about seeing people freak! in the end they were easily trapped and returned, but they were later sent off to a bigger zoo...

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Those monkeys are doomed. Remember, Cincinnati was where Harambe was shot and killed.

·
NRA Life Member
29,066 Posts
OH don't have a problem,

FL HAS a problem.

" Furry, cute and drooling herpes: what to do with Florida's invasive monkeys? "

" About 25% of the monkeys harbor herpes B, which can be fatal to humans, and 4-14% of them were found to be “shedding the virus orally by mouth” – meaning a bite could transmit the virus. "

There have been reports of these descendants of the Silver Springs monkeys being in my area.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
OH don't have a problem,

FL HAS a problem.

" Furry, cute and drooling herpes: what to do with Florida's invasive monkeys? "

" About 25% of the monkeys harbor herpes B, which can be fatal to humans, and 4-14% of them were found to be “shedding the virus orally by mouth” – meaning a bite could transmit the virus. "

There have been reports of these descendants of the Silver Springs monkeys being in my area.
I went on a week long Ocklawaha River canoe trip with scouts about 1966. I had heard about the monkeys around Silver Springs and was disappointed at not getting to see any. The river was gin clear at the beginning of the trip. Much less so as we went downstream because the construction of Cross Florida Barge Canal was ongoing.

·
Registered
20,938 Posts
One of the local towns zoos had a problem. Somebody decided to teach the monkeys to smoke and masturbate. If I recall the town shipped off their monkeys.

·
NRA Life Member
29,066 Posts
One of the local towns zoos had a problem. Somebody decided to teach the monkeys to smoke and masturbate. If I recall the town shipped off their monkeys.

How, exactly, does one do that ? Is it " show and tell " ?

·
Registered
20,938 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts