Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· NRA Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our five year old GSD, Shelby is 110 lbs and we love her very much. Unfortunately though she appears to be allergic to chicken and beef protein. We have recently become a one income household so the really expensive food is difficult to afford. Our vet has recommended using his prescription dry food but it is over $70 per week. Do your GSD's scratch and chew on themselves frequently ?

· Dog Breath
2,146 Posts
I don't have a GSD but I did have an Airedale with food allergies. She did very well on a lamb and rice food. I was feeding her Nutro but there are a lot of brands out there. You just need to check the ingredients carefully.

Some of foods contain lamb and rice but also still have other meats and grains. Just do a search on "lamb and rice dog food without chicken". I think you'll find several options that will cost you far less than $70 a week.

For example, a 31 pound bag of Purina ONE Smartblend Lamb & Rice Formula Dog Food runs about $40.

· Registered
6,767 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'd look at Orijen Six Fish. I feed my GSD Orijen and change up between Tundra, Six Fish and Regional Red.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.